5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Carnivores (secondary consumers)
- food web
- a A series of interrelated food chains.
- b The study of environments.
- c They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
- d The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
- e Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Any organism that produces organic compounds from inorganic compounds, usually through photosynthesis.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
- The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
- A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
- Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
5 True/False Questions
Symbiosis → Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
leaching → A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
Natural Selection → A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
commensalism → A relationship between individuals of different species that benefits both organisms.
Ecosystem → An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.