5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Herbivores (primary consumers)
- heterotroph (consumer)
- Autotroph (producer)
- a Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
- b Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
- c They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
- d The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
- e Any organism that produces organic compounds from inorganic compounds, usually through photosynthesis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- All individuals of a species in a given area.
- The study of environments.
- A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.
- A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual benefits and the other neither benefits nor is harmed.
- The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
5 True/False questions
Ecosystem → The study of environments.
Bacteria → The study of environments.
Species → Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
Adaptation → All individuals of a species in a given area.
food chain → A series of interrelated food chains.