5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Herbivores (primary consumers)
- a A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
- b Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
- c They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
- d A prokaryotic (single-celled) organism that acts as a decomposer. It gets the nutrients it needs by breaking down dead organisms.
- e Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
- The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
- All individuals of a species in a given area.
- They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
5 True/False questions
biomass → Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
Ecosystem → An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
Coevolution → The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
Infiltration → The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
Autotroph (producer) → Any organism that produces organic compounds from inorganic compounds, usually through photosynthesis.