5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Herbivores (primary consumers)
- a A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
- b The process by which a body of water becomes too rich in dissolved nutrients, leading to plant growth that depletes oxygen.
- c A group of similar organisms that can breed and produce fertile offspring.
- d The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
- e They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
- They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
- The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- A series of interrelated food chains.
- The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
5 True/False Questions
heterotroph (consumer) → Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
Symbiosis → The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
Bacteria → Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
Coevolution → All individuals of a species in a given area.
runoff → The study of environments.