5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- food chain
- food web
- a An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
- b A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
- c The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
- d A series of interrelated food chains.
- e Indicates the transfer of energy from producers through a series of organisms which feed upon each other.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
- The conversion of nitrates into nitrogen gas.
- Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
- A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
5 True/False Questions
Eutrophication → The process by which a body of water becomes too rich in dissolved nutrients, leading to plant growth that depletes oxygen.
Bacteria → A prokaryotic (single-celled) organism that acts as a decomposer. It gets the nutrients it needs by breaking down dead organisms.
biomass → The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
Coevolution → The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
Species → Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.