5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Herbivores (primary consumers)
- a The slow passage of a liquid through a filtering medium.
- b They use the producer organisms to provide them with their food.
- c A prokaryotic (single-celled) organism that acts as a decomposer. It gets the nutrients it needs by breaking down dead organisms.
- d The process by which two species evolve in response to changes in each other.
- e Relationships that exist between individuals of different species, where at least one party benefits from the relationship.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A symbiotic relationship between individuals of different species in which one individual, the parasite, benefits to the harm of the other organism, the host.
- They eat the primary consumers as their source of food.
- An inherited characteristic that increases an organism's chance of survival.
- The total mass of living matter in a given unit area
- Water that flows over the ground surface rather than soaking into the ground
5 True/False questions
Ecosystem → An environment that includes all of the biotic and abiotic compounds that surround an organism.
leaching → Removal of dissolved materials from soil by water moving downwards
Autotroph (producer) → Organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes.
Denitrification → The process by which a body of water becomes too rich in dissolved nutrients, leading to plant growth that depletes oxygen.
Natural Selection → A natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment.