5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Winston commits thoughtcrime by writing which of the following in his diary?
- What famous work is 1984 associated with?
- What colour are the Inner Party's overalls?
- What project is Syme working on at the beginning of the novel?
- What happens to the glass paperweight?
- a It gets shattered
- b Newspeak Dictionary
- c black
- d Down with Big Brother
- e Brave New World
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Junior Spies
- Golden Country
- Wearing an improper expression on your face
5 True/False Questions
What piece of evidence of the Party's dishonesty does Winston remember having coming across several years earlier? → photograph
Why do tears spring to Rutherford's eyes in the Chestnut Street Cafe? → Saccharine flavored with cloves
The psychological principle that allows an individual to believe contradictory ideas at the same time is called what? → Doublethink
What is the name of the book written, supposedly, by Emmanuel Goldstein? → The Theoryand Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism
What is winston's new job after he is released from the Ministry of Love? → determining if commas go inside brackets