5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sarcoplasmic reticulum
- threshold stimulus
- a the endoplasmic reticulum of the muscle fiber
- b the immovable end of a muscle
- c Tendons are fused to the __ of the bone.
- d energy source for contraction comes from molecules of:
- e A muscle fiber remains unresponsive to stimulation unless the stimulation is of a certain strength
5 Multiple choice questions
- __ consists of 2 twisted strands with globular cross-bridges projected outwards along the strands
- __ covers each muscle cell fiber.
- __ lays beneath the sarcolemma
- __ surrounds individual fascicles within muscles.
- besides sarcoplasm, __ __ lies beneath the sarcolemma
5 True/False questions
skeletal, cardiac, smooth → the cell cytoplasm of the muscle fiber
Mitochondria, synaptic vesicles → The cytoplasm of the motor neuron contains __ & __ __
twitch → the immovable end of a muscle
actin → __ is a globular protein with myosin bonding sites
cisternae → transverse tubules lie between two __.