5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- transverse tubules
- neuromuscular junction
- a thin filaments are made of __.
- b The site where motor neuron & muscle fiber meet
- c Thin layer that covers each muscle fiber
- d invaginations of the sarcolemma
- e the cell cytoplasm of the muscle fiber
5 Multiple choice questions
- energy source for contraction comes from molecules of:
- __ stores oxygen in muscle tissue.
- the organization of thick and thin filaments produces __.
- An increase in the # of activated motor units within a muscle at higher intensities of stimulation
- __ __has different uses out of muscle cells & is carried to the liver via bloodstream
5 True/False questions
actin → energy source for contraction comes from molecules of:
tone (tonus) → Muscle __ is achieved by a continuous state of sustained contraction
creatine phosphokinase → __ __ stores excess energy released by the mitochondria & regenerates ATP
myosin → __ consists of 2 twisted strands with globular cross-bridges projected outwards along the strands
intercalated disks → Complex membrane junctions, ___, join cells & transmit the force of contraction from 1 cell to the next & aid in rapid transmission impulses of the heart