5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- h zone
- z lines
- tone (tonus)
- a I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.
- b in the center of a bands is a _ _, consisting only of thick filaments
- c A series of simple twitches add up to a contraction
- d organs that use chemical energy to contract
- e Muscle __ is achieved by a continuous state of sustained contraction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Single, short contraction involving only a few motor units
- __ is a globular protein with myosin bonding sites
- __ lays beneath the sarcolemma
- the movable end of a muscle
- Connective tissue extends beyond ends of muscle to create __.
5 True/False questions
lactic acid → thin filaments are made of __.
aponeuroses → Broad fibrous connective tissue sheets found in cranium & obliques
sarcolemma → Functional unit of a muscle cell; repeating units composed of myofibrils
sarcoplasmic reticulum → besides sarcoplasm, __ __ lies beneath the sarcolemma
sarcomere → the cell membrane of a muscle fiber