5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- prime mover
- all-or-none response
- h zone
- intercalated disks
- a Complex membrane junctions, ___, join cells & transmit the force of contraction from 1 cell to the next & aid in rapid transmission impulses of the heart
- b __ lays beneath the sarcolemma
- c in the center of a bands is a _ _, consisting only of thick filaments
- d Within a group of muscles, 1 muscle doing the most work is
- e When a muscle fiber contracts, it contracts to its full extent
5 Multiple choice questions
- transverse tubules lie between two __.
- An increase in the # of activated motor units within a muscle at higher intensities of stimulation
- When ATP supply is low, __ __ promotes the synthesis of creatine phosphate
- besides sarcoplasm, __ __ lies beneath the sarcolemma
- Connective tissue extends beyond ends of muscle to create __.
5 True/False questions
transverse tubules → A muscle fiber remains unresponsive to stimulation unless the stimulation is of a certain strength
z lines → I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.
neuromuscular junction → The site where motor neuron & muscle fiber meet
striations → A series of simple twitches add up to a contraction
perimysium → __ is the layer of connective tissue closely around each muscle.