5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- prime mover
- lactic acid
- a __ __ accumulates as an end product of anaerobic respiration
- b thick filaments are made of __.
- c ___ in red blood cells carries oxygen to muscles
- d Within a group of muscles, 1 muscle doing the most work is
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Muscles are connected by broad sheets of connective tissue called __.
- If the sustained contraction lacks any relaxation, its called:
- An increase in the # of activated motor units within a muscle at higher intensities of stimulation
- Connective tissue extends beyond ends of muscle to create __.
- myofibrils play a fundamental role in __ ___.
5 True/False Questions
motor end plate → the muscle fiber membrane forms a:
sarcoplasm → the cell membrane of a muscle fiber
all-or-none response → Muscles are connected by broad sheets of connective tissue called __.
transverse tubules → invaginations of the sarcolemma
cramp → a sustained involuntary contraction caused by extracellular fluid