5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mitochondria, synaptic vesicles
- z lines
- a __ lays beneath the sarcolemma
- b The cytoplasm of the motor neuron contains __ & __ __
- c __ is a globular protein with myosin bonding sites
- d I bands are thick filaments and are anchored to _ _.
- e opposing muscles
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the endoplasmic reticulum of the muscle fiber
- __ __ accumulates as an end product of anaerobic respiration
- Muscle __ is achieved by a continuous state of sustained contraction
- thin filaments are made of __.
- helper muscles
5 True/False Questions
sarcomere → Functional unit of a muscle cell; repeating units composed of myofibrils
tetanic contraction (tetany) → If the sustained contraction lacks any relaxation, its called:
aponeuroses → Muscles are connected by broad sheets of connective tissue called __.
endomysium → __ covers each muscle cell fiber.
myosin → __ consists of 2 twisted strands with globular cross-bridges projected outwards along the strands