← psych exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- systematic desensitization
- alfred binet
- classical conditioning
- episodic memory
- a a technique used in behavior therapy to treat phobias and other behavior problems involving anxiety
- b the indvidual that published the first measure of intelligence in 1905. The purpose of his intelligence test was to correctly place students on academic tracks in the French school system.
- c memory for episodes in your own life
- d a type of learning in which an organism comes to associate stimuli - learning by association
- e the diminishing of a conditioned response; occurs in classical conditioning when an unconditioned stimulus (US) does not follow a conditioned stimulus (CS); occurs in operant conditioning when a response is no longer reinforced.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the relatively permanent and limitless storehouse of the memory system.
- smallest units of sound in the human language, like consonants or vowels
- A test designed to predict future performance
- this is what the bell tone in the dog experiments is considered
- Pairing a second conditioned stimulus with the first conditioned stimulus in order to produce a second conditioned response.
5 True/False Questions
psychic energy → memory for episodes in your own life
HYPOTHALAMUS → forebrain region that governs motivation and emotional responses
facial feedback → a tendency to approach a problem in a particular way, often a way that has been successful in the past
conditioned response → in classical conditioning, the unlearned, naturally occurring response to the unconditioned stimulus (US), such as salivation when food is in the mouth.
GENERALIZATION → When two stimuli are functionally equivalent