← psych exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- short term memory
- psychic energy
- abraham maslow
- context dependent
- a the cue is the environment you learnt it in
- b Freud's term for the biologically based instinctual drives that he believed fuels behavior, thoughts and feelings
- c activated memory that holds a few items briefly, before information is stored or forgotten
- d humanistic psychology; hierarchy of needs-needs at a lower level dominate an individual's motivation as long as they are unsatisfied; self-actualization, transcendence
- e the diminishing of a conditioned response; occurs in classical conditioning when an unconditioned stimulus (US) does not follow a conditioned stimulus (CS); occurs in operant conditioning when a response is no longer reinforced.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "anything that happens to us that alters our thoughts or views"
- Memory of learned skills that does not require conscious recollection
- the relatively permanent and limitless storehouse of the memory system.
- we are afraid BECAUSE WE TREMBLE, different PATTERNS of autonomic activation lead to the experience of different emotions
- an acquired response that is under the control of (conditional on the occurrence of) a stimulus
5 True/False Questions
neutral stimulus → the stimulus that is the occasion for a conditioned response
achievement testing → a test designed to asses what a person has learned
semantic memory → memory for episodes in your own life
unconditioned stimulus → this is what the bell tone in the dog experiments is considered
algorithms → very specific, systematic methods that always reach a correct result