5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- higher order conditioning
- psychic energy
- neutral stimulus
- childhood amnesia
- a Pairing a second conditioned stimulus with the first conditioned stimulus in order to produce a second conditioned response.
- b A phenomenon that no one can accurately recall events from the first three years of life.
- c a stimulus that does not initially elicit a response
- d Freud's term for the biologically based instinctual drives that he believed fuels behavior, thoughts and feelings
- e state of tension produced by a need that motivates an organism toward a goal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the indvidual that published the first measure of intelligence in 1905. The purpose of his intelligence test was to correctly place students on academic tracks in the French school system.
- the cue is the environment you learnt it in
- a reason for doing something
- your memory for meanings and general (impersonal) facts
- humanistic psychology; hierarchy of needs-needs at a lower level dominate an individual's motivation as long as they are unsatisfied; self-actualization, transcendence
5 True/False Questions
aptitude testing → A test designed to predict future performance
extinction → (psychiatry) the classical defense mechanism that protects you from impulses or ideas that would cause anxiety by preventing them from becoming conscious
piaget → Swiss psychologist remembered for his studies of cognitive development in children (4 stages)(1896-1980)
facial feedback → the process by which the facial muscles send messages to the brain about the basic emotion being expressed
syntax → the grammatical arrangement of words in sentences