5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (Warren G) Harding
- Marcus Garvey and United Negro Improvement Association
- (William Howard) Taft
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- a This man and his organization promoted the idea the Blacks needed to be independent of white society and led a back to Africa movement by establishing the Black Star Cruise Line both fail.
- b Allows government to investigate corporations for trust-like actions.
- c Ran with the slogan "Return to Normalcy" and conveys the idea that the Progressive idea was abnormal. Surrounds himself with friends.
- d A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- e Roosevelt's handpicked successor who thought all trusts were bad and should be prosecuted. He breaks up the Steel Trust that was given Roosevelt's blessing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Very idealistic plan to ensure world peace, introduces the League of Nations, very concilliatory towards Germany.
- U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
- Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.
- Explosion of Black art, philosophy, expression, politics, and identity.
- 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."
5 True/False questions
National War Labor Board → Oranized by labor, the government, and management to settle disputes.
Panama Canal → Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.
Rural Sector → They are the true America: Chrisitan, moral, and best represent traditions of the nation.
Triple Alliance → France, Britain, Russia
George Creel → Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.