5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- (Theodore) Roosevelt
- Scopes Monkey Trial
- Triple Entente
- George Creel
- Archduke Francis Ferdinand
- a Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
- b Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.
- c Assassinated by the Black Hand this led to the start of WWI because he was the succesor to the A-H throne.
- d France, Britain, Russia
- e John Scopes, a teacher who teaches evolution in school in Dayton, Tennessee, is arrested and put on trial for breaking state law. Win for the urban sector even though Scopes was proven guilty.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- Explosion of Black art, philosophy, expression, politics, and identity.
- The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
- What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
5 True/False questions
Zimmerman Telegram → Telegram asking Mexico to attack America from Germany.
Teapot Dome Scandal → Secretary of the Interior, Albert Falls, leases federally protected oil fields to private companies in exchange for bribes.
Wilson's Fourteen Points → Very idealistic plan to ensure world peace, introduces the League of Nations, very concilliatory towards Germany.
Meat Inspection Act of 1906 → Act declaring that all meat transported over state lines will be inspected.
Federal Reserve Act → First substantial reduction of tariff since Civil War.