5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Espionage Act of 1917 and Sedition Act of 1918
- Bull Moose Party
- Great White Fleet
- (Theodore) Roosevelt
- 19th Amendment
- a Roosevelt sends the Navy on a worldwide tour to illustrate America's naval power to the world--especially Asia.
- b What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
- c Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
- d Used to prosecute people who criticized the government.
- e Amendment that guarantees suffrage to women.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
- U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
- A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
- This democratic nominee wins the election of 1912.
- Fear of communist revolution, fear grew out of Bolshevik Revolution and growing popularity of leftist ideas.
5 True/False questions
Prohibition → 1919-1933. 18th Amendment is passed, prohibiting the sale and manufacturing of alcohol.
Archduke Francis Ferdinand → This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
Clayton Anti-Trust Act → First substantial reduction of tariff since Civil War.
Meat Inspection Act of 1906 → Act declaring that all meat transported over state lines will be inspected.
(William Howard) Taft → Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.