5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- (Theodore) Roosevelt
- 19th Amendment
- Charles Forbes
- (Gifford) Pinchot
- Teapot Dome Scandal
- a Roosevelt's Chief of Forest Service who sets aside 125 million acres of land.
- b Amendment that guarantees suffrage to women.
- c This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
- d Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
- e Secretary of the Interior, Albert Falls, leases federally protected oil fields to private companies in exchange for bribes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
- Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
- Journalists and artists who used their talents to expose the underhanded workings of business and govt.
- Roosevelt sends the Navy on a worldwide tour to illustrate America's naval power to the world--especially Asia.
- Assassinated by the Black Hand this led to the start of WWI because he was the succesor to the A-H throne.
5 True/False Questions
National War Labor Board → Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.
Federal Trade Commission Act → Allows government to investigate corporations for trust-like actions.
Tariff, banking, and trusts → Italy, Germany Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire (Italy changes sides halfway through)
George Creel → Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.
Clayton Anti-Trust Act → More aggressive anti-trust law that protected labor unions.