5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine
- Sacco and Vanzetti
- Triple Entente
- Sixteenth Amendment
- Progressive Era
- a Allowed income tax to replace tariffs as the primary source of income.
- b France, Britain, Russia
- c U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
- d Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.
- e Era marked by the expansive action of the government; the government reasserts itself over business interests.
5 Multiple choice questions
- More aggressive anti-trust law that protected labor unions.
- John Scopes, a teacher who teaches evolution in school in Dayton, Tennessee, is arrested and put on trial for breaking state law. Win for the urban sector even though Scopes was proven guilty.
- 1919-1933. 18th Amendment is passed, prohibiting the sale and manufacturing of alcohol.
- Journalists and artists who used their talents to expose the underhanded workings of business and govt.
- A German U-Boat sinks this passenger ship which actually hed ammunition and gets Americans riled up.
5 True/False questions
(William Howard) Taft → Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.
Flappers → Journalists and artists who used their talents to expose the underhanded workings of business and govt.
Northern Securities Case → Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
Rural Sector → View themselves as educated, scientific, and avante garde.
George Creel → This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.