5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Great White Fleet
- (William Howard) Taft
- St Louis Riot 1917
- Panama Canal
- Red Scare
- a Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.
- b Roosevelt sends the Navy on a worldwide tour to illustrate America's naval power to the world--especially Asia.
- c Roosevelt's handpicked successor who thought all trusts were bad and should be prosecuted. He breaks up the Steel Trust that was given Roosevelt's blessing.
- d 48 people get killed in this riot that resulted from competition over jobs and housing.
- e Fear of communist revolution, fear grew out of Bolshevik Revolution and growing popularity of leftist ideas.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Amendment that guarantees suffrage to women.
- All sold food must be of good value; packaging must accurately state the effects of the drug.
- Resurrected and repackaged as an All-American Protestant social organization.
- 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."
- Telegram asking Mexico to attack America from Germany.
5 True/False Questions
Schenk v. US → Journalists and artists who used their talents to expose the underhanded workings of business and govt.
Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine → U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
Meat Inspection Act of 1906 → Coal Miners go on strike and Roosevelt doesn't prevent them from doing so. Eventually when winter sets in and the owners still haven't met demands, Roosevelt forces them to go into arbritation on threat of nationalizing the mines.
Coal Miners Strike of 1902 → 48 people get killed in this riot that resulted from competition over jobs and housing.
Federal Reserve Act → Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.