5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Panama Canal
- Bull Moose Party
- (Gifford) Pinchot
- Schenk v. US
- Sacco and Vanzetti
- a What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
- b Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.
- c Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- d Roosevelt's Chief of Forest Service who sets aside 125 million acres of land.
- e Canal built by U.S. 1904-1917.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Era marked by the expansive action of the government; the government reasserts itself over business interests.
- Roosevelt sends the Navy on a worldwide tour to illustrate America's naval power to the world--especially Asia.
- Roosevelt's handpicked successor who thought all trusts were bad and should be prosecuted. He breaks up the Steel Trust that was given Roosevelt's blessing.
- Very idealistic plan to ensure world peace, introduces the League of Nations, very concilliatory towards Germany.
- The three tiers of entitlement Woodrow Wilson sought to battle
5 True/False Questions
(Woodrow) Wilson → This democratic nominee wins the election of 1912.
Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 → All sold food must be of good value; packaging must accurately state the effects of the drug.
(Warren G) Harding → Ran with the slogan "Return to Normalcy" and conveys the idea that the Progressive idea was abnormal. Surrounds himself with friends.
Urban Sector → They are the true America: Chrisitan, moral, and best represent traditions of the nation.
(Calvin) Coolidge → 1923-1928 Extremely conservative and Laissez-Faire. "The business of America is business."