5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Harlem Renaissance
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- St Louis Riot 1917
- Rural Sector
- Schenk v. US
- a 48 people get killed in this riot that resulted from competition over jobs and housing.
- b Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- c Explosion of Black art, philosophy, expression, politics, and identity.
- d They are the true America: Chrisitan, moral, and best represent traditions of the nation.
- e Allows government to investigate corporations for trust-like actions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.
- This democratic nominee wins the election of 1912.
- Used to prosecute people who criticized the government.
- This man and his organization promoted the idea the Blacks needed to be independent of white society and led a back to Africa movement by establishing the Black Star Cruise Line both fail.
- More aggressive anti-trust law that protected labor unions.
5 True/False Questions
Charles Forbes → This head of the Veteran's Bureau steals $200 million.
Sacco and Vanzetti → Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.
Teapot Dome Scandal → Secretary of the Interior, Albert Falls, leases federally protected oil fields to private companies in exchange for bribes.
Northern Securities Case → Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
Sixteenth Amendment → Allowed income tax to replace tariffs as the primary source of income.