5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sacco and Vanzetti
- (Theodore) Roosevelt
- Wilson's Fourteen Points
- Meat Inspection Act of 1906
- Federal Reserve Act
- a Two Italian anarchists. They're arrested for robbery and murder without proof and are sentenced to death.
- b Act declaring that all meat transported over state lines will be inspected.
- c Vice President of McKinely. This man is very outdoorsy and politically astute as well as an extremely strong executive.
- d Very idealistic plan to ensure world peace, introduces the League of Nations, very concilliatory towards Germany.
- e Set up a series of regional banks to better control the flow of money.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Court case that decides the Espionage and Sedition Acts are legal.
- Man hired by Wilson to head the Committee for Public Information.
- Assassinated by the Black Hand this led to the start of WWI because he was the succesor to the A-H throne.
- What's the name of the party Roosevelt establishes in the election of 1912 when he doesn't get the nomination?
- This democratic nominee wins the election of 1912.
5 True/False questions
Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 → All sold food must be of good value; packaging must accurately state the effects of the drug.
Northern Securities Case → Theodore Roosevelt orders the Justice department to investigate and prosecute J.P. Morgan's holding company for an anti-trust violation.
Harlem Renaissance → Explosion of Black art, philosophy, expression, politics, and identity.
Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine → U.S. becomes the police of the Western Hemisphere, because Latin American nations owed European nations money and the President wanted to make sure that European nations didn't interfere.
(Gifford) Pinchot → Roosevelt's Chief of Forest Service who sets aside 125 million acres of land.