← 207 Class Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is measured in the IPIP test?
- Psychometric tests aim to...
- Which response types are better?
- Poor items on a psychometric test are ones that...
- Predictive validity
- a Fail to correlate with the rest of the test and do not act in the same way. Respondents all score similarly on.
- b The success with which a test predicts the behavior it is designed to predict
- c Conscientiousness, Openness, Stability, Extroversion, Agreeableness
- d distinguish between people
- e Yes/No, Dis/Agree - these are closed and easier to interpret
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The degree to which a measurement device accurately measures the theoretical construct it is designed to measure. Attempts to link theory and test. Campbell & Fiske (1959) suggested this should include convergent and divergent validity.
- Analyse, Scale, Reliability Analysis
- Does it correlate with previous standard and accepted measures of the same construct
- Yes/No - Eysenck's Personality Test. Frequency - the COPE scale. Dis/Agree - LOT-R. Not/Like me - dispositional embarrassment test. How ___ do you feel? - PANAS
- Minimum 5 per question, 100 total. Ideally 10 per question.
5 True/False Questions
Criterion-related validity → Does it correlate with previous standard and accepted measures of the same construct
Spearman-Brown prophecy correction for split-half reliability → Personality, Ability, Attitudes and motivation, Neuropsychological and clinical
Construct validity - the _________ matrix? → The multitrait multimethod matrix
What scores are unimportant? → absolute scores - what is important is the relative scores to one another
What are four types of psychometric test? → Personality, Ability, Attitudes and motivation, Neuropsychological and clinical