5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ecological succession
- secondary consumers
- realized niche
- pioneer species
- invasive species
- a when a species settles for a smaller niche after battling against another species
- b organisms that consume primary consumers
- c an introduced, nonnative species
- d transition in species composition of a biological community, usually by a disturbance in community.
- e organisms in first stage of succession
5 Multiple choice questions
- releasing water vapor through stomata of plants or pores
- no 2 species can occupy same niche at same time
- process where concentration of toxic substances increase in each successive length in food chain.
- 1 species feeds off another
- (nitrogen cycle step 2) bacteria in soil convert ammonium (NH4+) to nitrate or NO3.
5 True/False questions
respiration → 1 species feeds off another
population → burning
residency time → when a species settles for a smaller niche after battling against another species
bioaccumulation → group of organisms of same species and same area
ecotones → smaller regions in ecosystems that share similar physical features