5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- tertiary consumers
- ecological succession
- edge effect
- pioneer species
- a organisms in first stage of succession
- b transition in species composition of a biological community, usually by a disturbance in community.
- c (nitrogen cycle step 2) bacteria in soil convert ammonium (NH4+) to nitrate or NO3.
- d there is a greater species diversity and biological density than in the center of the ecological community
- e organisms that consume secondary consumers or other tertiary consumers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- production of ammonia or ammonium compounds in the decomposition of organic matter by bacteria
- total sum of species' use of resources in environment
- the amount of time a resource spends in a reservoir or an exchange pool
- accumulation of a substance in various tissues of a living organism
5 True/False Questions
biomagnification → process where concentration of toxic substances increase in each successive length in food chain.
gause's principle → no 2 species can occupy same niche at same time
nitrogen fixation → (nitrogen cycle step 2) bacteria in soil convert ammonium (NH4+) to nitrate or NO3.
parasitism → 1 species feeds off another
species → organisms that are capable of interbreeding with 1 another but unable to with other species