5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes
- b embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
- c means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- d variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
- e an extended decline in business activity
5 Multiple choice questions
- a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
- a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
- Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
- methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
5 True/False questions
confederation → sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
nationalized → brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
cultural diffusion → deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
prevaling westerlies → The North Atlantic Drift carries tropical waters toward Europe. The winds that blow across this warm current define this word.
ore → a single currency to be used by member nations