5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Industrial Revolution
- cultural diffusion
- a the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
- b areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
- c embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
- d the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
- e a single currency to be used by member nations
5 Multiple choice questions
- this caused the Potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's. It is a plant disease that destroyed the potato crop year after year.
- highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- paying money for war damages
- broad, treeless rolling plains
- a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
5 True/False questions
nationalized → brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
recession → an extended decline in business activity
navigable → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
tsunami → a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
polder → This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way