5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cultural diffusion
- a sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- b This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- c when glaciers melted, water filled the calleys creating flooded glacial valleys. The definition is creating flooded glacial valleys.
- d an extended decline in business activity
- e the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
- to be able to support permanent residents
- The North Atlantic Drift carries tropical waters toward Europe. The winds that blow across this warm current define this word.
- broad, treeless rolling plains
5 True/False Questions
perishable good → doesnt stay fresh for long.
mixed economy → Nordic countries share certain political and economic beliefs. All five of the Nordic nations are democracies and their systems are defined as this term. It is systems combining different degrees of government regulation. They practice a mixture of free enterprise and socialism
ore → rocky material containing a valuable mineral
Florence, Italy → an extended decline in business activity
blight → this caused the Potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's. It is a plant disease that destroyed the potato crop year after year.