5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mixed economy
- a Nordic countries share certain political and economic beliefs. All five of the Nordic nations are democracies and their systems are defined as this term. It is systems combining different degrees of government regulation. They practice a mixture of free enterprise and socialism
- b means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- c a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- d a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
- e this caused the Potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's. It is a plant disease that destroyed the potato crop year after year.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
- brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
- a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
- transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
5 True/False Questions
euro → central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes
neutral → a single currency to be used by member nations
confederation → paying money for war damages
subsidence → a geologic phenomenon in which the ground in an area sinks. This happened in Venice
siroccos → Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.