5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Industrial Revolution
- a the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
- b deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
- c a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
- d brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
- e an extended decline in business activity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
- the opposite of industrial activities. This term refers to service industries such as finance, insurance and tourism
- paying money for war damages
- highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- areas of wet, spongy ground
5 True/False Questions
siroccos → a single currency to be used by member nations
hub → central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes
impressionism → a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
inflation → paying money for war damages
subsidence → means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.