5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural divergence
- a deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
- b This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- c an extended decline in business activity
- d rocky material containing a valuable mineral
- e broad, treeless rolling plains
5 Multiple choice questions
- a geologic phenomenon in which the ground in an area sinks. This happened in Venice
- methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
- a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)
- to be able to support permanent residents
- a loose political union. An example of this was starting in the late 1700's the state of Prussia in what is now eastern Germany led a movement to merge many German states.
5 True/False questions
dialect → variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
tertiary economic activities → Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
dike → embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
fertile → able to produce abundant crops
cultural diffusion → the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.