5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- tertiary economic activities
- Florence, Italy
- cultural diffusion
- a able to produce abundant crops
- b the spread of cultural elements from one society to another and adopt the practices of their neighbors. Farming is an example of this spreading from Southwest Asia to Western Europe.
- c the opposite of industrial activities. This term refers to service industries such as finance, insurance and tourism
- d a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- e deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
5 Multiple choice questions
- this caused the Potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's. It is a plant disease that destroyed the potato crop year after year.
- brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
- highest point of a mountain and in Europe The Alps
- Has many earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. An example of a place with lots of this is in the Apennine Mountains . It begins in the northwest and arcs all the way down to the Italian Peninsula
- Nordic countries share certain political and economic beliefs. All five of the Nordic nations are democracies and their systems are defined as this term. It is systems combining different degrees of government regulation. They practice a mixture of free enterprise and socialism
5 True/False questions
recession → paying money for war damages
siroccos → when glaciers melted, water filled the calleys creating flooded glacial valleys. The definition is creating flooded glacial valleys.
impressionism → an extended decline in business activity
ignite → embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
hub → central point of concentrated activity and influence. An example of this would be Madrid as it was the central point of concentrated activity and of transportation routes