5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a when glaciers melted, water filled the calleys creating flooded glacial valleys. The definition is creating flooded glacial valleys.
- b This is what the Dutch call land reclaimed from the sea in this way
- c transfer power to smaller regions. An example of this is when Belgium transfered power to regions of Wallonia, Flanders and Brussels
- d a spongy material containing waterlogged mosses and plants
- e a loose political union. An example of this was starting in the late 1700's the state of Prussia in what is now eastern Germany led a movement to merge many German states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a single currency to be used by member nations
- a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- narrow valley
- broad, treeless rolling plains
- areas of wet, spongy ground
5 True/False questions
navigable → to be able to support permanent residents
cultural diffusion → deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
geothermal energy → energy produced from the heat of the earths interior. This kind of energy accounts for a large share of the power used for heat and electricity in Iceland
ignite → embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
prevaling westerlies → means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.