5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a broad, treeless rolling plains
- b Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
- c able to produce abundant crops
- d means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- e deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a geologic phenomenon in which the ground in an area sinks. This happened in Venice
- a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- not taking sides in conflict. Switzerland is an example of this and since that time of them deciding not to take any sides in conflict, no other European country has invaded its borders.
- sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
5 True/False Questions
impressionism → an extended decline in business activity
hub → a single currency to be used by member nations
ignite → a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
dike → rocky material containing a valuable mineral
summit → a huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake)