5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Florence, Italy
- a means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
- b a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
- c a cultural center made famous by Michelangelo and other Italian painters during the Renaissance period.
- d broad, treeless rolling plains
- e Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
- areas of land that have dropped down between faults. The Aegean Sea to the east of the Greek mainland occupies one of these.
- embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
- rocky material containing a valuable mineral
- to be able to support permanent residents
5 True/False Questions
ignite → a soft, brown coal that is easy to mine but pollutes the air heavily
dialect → variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
nationalized → deep and wide enough to allow large ships to pass. An example of this in Spain is the Guadalquivir River.
confederation → paying money for war damages
tertiary economic activities → the opposite of industrial activities. This term refers to service industries such as finance, insurance and tourism