5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
- b sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- c Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
- d paying money for war damages
- e variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
5 Multiple choice questions
- methods that leave land unplanted every few years in order to gather moisture
- embankments of earth and rock to hold back the water
- the change from an agricultural to an industrial society and from home manufacturing to factory production, especially the one that took place in England from about 1750 to about 1850.
- deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
- a school of late 19th century French painters who pictured appearances by strokes of unmixed colors to give the impression of reflected light. Monet and Renoir were artists that painted this style of paintings.
5 True/False questions
confederation → sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
Florence, Italy → an extended decline in business activity
prevaling westerlies → means rebirth- During this time many advances in science and technology occured.
moor → broad, treeless rolling plains
fertile → able to produce abundant crops