5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a spongy material containing waterlogged mosses and plants
- b sharply rising prices. This happened in Germany in 1929 when a worldwide economic depression left millions of Germans without jobs.
- c an extended decline in business activity
- d a political division or state. One of the states in Switzerland
- e areas of wet, spongy ground
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- variations of a language that are unique to a region or a community., a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
- brought under state control. France brought under control some businesses considered vital to national interests.
- deliberate efforts to keep cultures separate. An example of this would be The fighting between Irish Catholics and Protestants led to an example of this.
- a single currency to be used by member nations
- Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.
5 True/False Questions
decentralize → not taking sides in conflict. Switzerland is an example of this and since that time of them deciding not to take any sides in conflict, no other European country has invaded its borders.
seismic activity → miners strip away the surface of the earth to lay bare the mineral deposits.
reparation → an extended decline in business activity
tertiary economic activities → the opposite of industrial activities. This term refers to service industries such as finance, insurance and tourism
mixed economy → Hot, dry prevailing winds from North Africa that blow over the Southeastern region of Spain.