5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia.
- Quadruple Alliance
- King Frederick William III
- a Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
- b He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- c The Prussian representative at the Congress of Vienna
- d Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
- e What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Prussia was given these territories by the Congress of Vienna
- French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.
- Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
- Launched in 1819 under Metternich and the Holy Alliance these decrees forbade any revolutionary propaganda in the German states. This included and elaborate spy system who's purpose was to be on the lookout for any revolutionary, and potentially dangerous people.
5 True/False Questions
Alexander I → Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
Balance of Power → distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
Liberalism → A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
Status Quo → The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
Legitimacy → Principle by which monarchies that had been unseated by the French Revolution or Napoleon were restored