5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Clemens Von Metternich
- Switzerland agreed to remain neutral
- Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland
- Balance of Power
- a Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- b Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
- c distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
- d In order to keep its constitutional government, what did Switzerland agree to?
- e The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- How much of an indemnity did France have to pay.
- He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
- Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
- What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 True/False Questions
Status Quo → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
Absolute monarchy → Metternich believed in what form of government?
King Frederick William III → An international conference (1814-15) held at Vienna after Napoleon's banishment to Elba, with Metternich as the dominant figure, aimed at territorial resettlement and restoration to power of the crowned heads of Europe.
Louis XVIII → French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.
Quadruple Alliance → Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I