5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Absolute monarchy
- Cape Colony, South Africa, and various other colonies in Africa and Asia.
- Piedmont, Nice, Savoy, and Genoa.
- They were joined
- a Metternich believed in what form of government?
- b Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent
- c What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- d What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
- e What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
- Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
5 True/False Questions
Reactionaries → Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
Metternich → He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
Ferdinand I → Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
Ferdinand VII → Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
Alexander I → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,