5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Adrianople
- Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom
- Balance of Power
- a Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia
- b He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- c Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent
- d What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
- e distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
5 Multiple choice questions
- Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
- Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
- An international conference (1814-15) held at Vienna after Napoleon's banishment to Elba, with Metternich as the dominant figure, aimed at territorial resettlement and restoration to power of the crowned heads of Europe.
5 True/False questions
Liberalism → The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
Metternich → Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
half of Saxony, parts of Poland, and other German territories → What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
Switzerland agreed to remain neutral → What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland → What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?