5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Switzerland agreed to remain neutral
- Status Quo
- Absolute monarchy
- Balance of Power
- a Metternich believed in what form of government?
- b The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- c In order to keep its constitutional government, what did Switzerland agree to?
- d He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- e distribution of military and economic power that prevents any one nation from becoming too strong
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
- What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
- Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
- What was Britain given by the Congress of Vienna?
5 True/False Questions
They were joined → What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
German Confederation → Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland → Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
Alexander I → Bourbon ruler who was restored in the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
Treaty of Adrianople → Agreement that gave Greece its independence. The Ottoman Turks agreed to submit to the terms offered by England, France, and Russia