5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- All territory conquered by Napoléon.
- King Frederick William III
- Status Quo
- Duchy of Warsaw. (Poland); also received Finland
- a He represented England in the Congress of Vienna. He sought a balance of power by surrounding France with larger and stronger states.
- b France was denied this by the Congress of Vienna
- c The situation in which it was before (the condition in which)
- d The Prussian representative at the Congress of Vienna
- e Russia was given most of this territory by the Congress of Vienna
5 Multiple choice questions
- The unique cultural identity of a people based on common language, religion, and national symbols
- Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
- Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
- How much of an indemnity did France have to pay.
- A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
5 True/False questions
Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom → Consisted of 38 sovereign states recognized by the Vienna settlement, and was dominated by Austria and Prussia (b/c of their size)
Holy Alliance → Organization, made up of Austria, Britain, Prussia, and Russia, to preserve the peace settlement of 1815; France joined in 1818.
Talleyrand → The French foreign minster at the time of the Quadruple Alliance,
Balance of Power → Extremists who not only oppose change, but generally would like to turn the clock back to the way things were before
Switzerland agreed to remain neutral → What happened to Norway and Sweden as a result of the Congress of Vienna?