5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clemens Von Metternich
- George Canning
- Holy Alliance
- a Principle by which monarchies that had been unseated by the French Revolution or Napoleon were restored
- b Austria's foreign minister, a prince, who helped orchestrate Austria's role in Europe via the Congress of Vienna and "architect"
of the Congress.
- c Great Britain's foreign secretary, wanted to get away from the autocratic states of Europe. He withdrew England from the Quintuple Alliance in 1822.
- d Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent
- e Alliance of Russia, Austria, and Prussia to safeguard the principles of Christianity and maintain the international status quo after the Napoleonic Wars. Formed by Alexander I
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did Sardinia receive from the Congress of Vienna?
- King of Spain who was returned to the throne by the Congress of Vienna. A revolt occurred in Spain after he removed the constitution put in place by Napoleon. Four members of the Quintuple Alliance sent the French into Spain to crush the revolt.
- In order to keep its constitutional government, what did Switzerland agree to?
- A political ideology that emphasizes the civil rights of citizens, representative government, and the protection of private property.
- French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.
5 True/False questions
Metternich → Who suppressed freedom of speech and press in Austria and set up a secret police system to spy on revolutionary organizations and individuals
Hanover was enlarged, and made a kingdom → What happened to Hanover as a result of the Congress of Vienna?
half of Saxony, parts of Poland, and other German territories → Prussia was given these territories by the Congress of Vienna
Alexander I → Russian Czar who ruled in the early 1800's during the Napoleonic wars. He created the Holy Alliance, and used the Scorched Earth Policy
Absolute monarchy → Spain and the Two Sicilies reinstated rulers, abolished the constitutions and returned to what kind of governmnent