5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Agricultural Revolution
- Physiological Density
- Agricultural Density
- Medical Revolution
- Interregional Migration
- a The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering.
- b The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
- c Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
- d The number of people per unit of area of arable land, which is land suitable for agriculture.
- e Permanent movement from one region of a country to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
- All types of movement from one location to another.
- A series of improvements in industrial technology that transformed the process of manufacturing goods.
- People who enter a country without proper documents.
- Factor that induces people to leave old residences.
5 True/False questions
Forced Migration → The difference between the level of immigration and the level of emigration.
Census → A complete enumeration of a population.
Intraregional Migration → Permanent movement from one region of a country to another.
Chain Migration → Migration of people to a specific location because relatives or members of the same nationality previously migrated there.
Ecumene → The portion of Earth's surface occupied by permanent human settlement.