5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Infant Mortality Rate (IMR)
- Guest Workers
- a The portion of Earth's surface occupied by permanent human settlement.
- b People who are forced to migrate from their home country and cannot return for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or political opinion.
- c The total number of deaths in a year among infants under one year old for every 1,000 live births in a society.
- d In reference to migration, a law that places maximum limits on the number of people who can immigrate to a country each year.
- e Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering.
- All types of movement from one location to another.
- The total number of people divided by the total land area.
- Net migration from urban to rural areas in more developed countries.
- Migration to a new location.
5 True/False Questions
Circulation → Short-term, repetitive, or cyclical movement that recur on a regular basis.
Migration → Form of relocation diffusion involving permanent move to a new location.
Physiological Density → The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
Dependency Ratio → The number of people under the age of 15 and over age 64, compared to the number of people active in the labor force.
Floodplain → The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.