5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dependency Ratio
- Push Factor
- Migration Transition
- Intervening Obstacle
- a The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.
- b An environmental or cultural feature of the landscape that hinders migration.
- c Factor that induces people to leave old residences.
- d The number of people under the age of 15 and over age 64, compared to the number of people active in the labor force.
- e Change in the migration pattern in a society that results from industrialization, population growth, and other social and economic changes that also produce the demographic transition.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering.
- Factor that induces people to move to a new location.
- A bar graph representing the distribution of population by age and sex.
- Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
- People who are forced to migrate from their home country and cannot return for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or political opinion.
5 True/False Questions
Immigration → Migration from a location.
Arithmetic Density → The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
Physiological Density → The number of people per unit of area of arable land, which is land suitable for agriculture.
Internal Migration → Permanent movement from one region of a country to another.
Sex Ratio → The number of males per 100 females in the population.