5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Guest Workers
- Doubling Time
- Voluntary Migration
- Dependency Ratio
- a The number of years needed to double a population, assuming a constant rate of natural increase.
- b Permanent movement undertaken by choice.
- c The number of people under the age of 15 and over age 64, compared to the number of people active in the labor force.
- d Migration from a location.
- e Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Form of relocation diffusion involving permanent move to a new location.
- The time when human beings first domesticated plants and animals and no longer relied entirely on hunting and gathering.
- Permanent movement compelled usually by cultural factors.
- The number of males per 100 females in the population.
- The total number of people divided by the total land area.
5 True/False Questions
Ecumene → The portion of Earth's surface occupied by permanent human settlement.
Internal Migration → Permanent movement within a particular country.
Industrial Revolution → A series of improvements in industrial technology that transformed the process of manufacturing goods.
Physiological Density → The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
Floodplain → The area subject to flooding during a given number of years according to historical trends.