5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Relational Maintenance
- Relational trajectory models
- a Relationship development models that view relationship development as more variable than the "stage" models.
- b A dialectical tension in relationships that describes the need to be open and to self-disclose while also maintaining some sense of privacy.
- c Stage of romantic relational development in which both people portray themselves as a couple.
- d Stage of romantic relational development in which both people seek to increase intimacy and connectedness.
- e Behaviors that couples perform that help maintain their relationships.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Stage in which relational partners engage in the greatest breadth and depth of self-disclosure.
- physical violence against a partner or child
- Degree to which people share the same values, interests, and background
- A theory that proposes relationships develop through increases in self-disclosure.
- Stage in which people increase the breadth of their conversation.
5 True/False Questions
Jealousy → How close one is to others.
Passing away → The process by which relationships decline over time.
Change/predictability → How close one is to others.
Bonding → Stage of romantic relational dissolution in which couples try not to interact with each other.
withdrawal/avoidance → A friendship termination strategy in which friends spend less time together, don't return phone calls, and avoid places where they are likely to see each other.