← A&P II Mid term Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ) The left ventricular wall of the heart is thicker than the right wall in order to ________.
- ) Blood volume restorers include all of the following except ________.
- Which lymphatic structure drains lymph from the right upper limb and the right side of the head and thorax?
- ) Which of the following is not a form of lung cancer?
- Small molecules that bind with self-proteins to produce antigenic substances are called ________.
- a right lymphatic duct
- b pump blood with greater pressure
- c Kaposi's sarcoma
- d packed cells
- e antibodies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- C) is abolished when abnormally high CO2 levels persist
- ileum of the small intestine
- a lowering of blood pressure due to change in cardiac output
- ) maintenance of normal pH in body tissues
- second messengers
5 True/False Questions
The lung volume that represents the total volume of exchangeable air is the ________. → vital capacity
) Antibody functions include all of the following except ________. → cross-linking cell-bound antigens on red blood cells when blood types are properly matched
One of the least complicated of the endocrine control systems directly responds to changing blood levels of ions and nutrients. Which of the following describes this mechanism? → The auditory tube drains into the nasopharynx
During contraction of heart muscle cells ________. → some calcium enters the cell from the extracellular space and triggers the release of larger amounts of calcium from intracellular stores
Surfactant helps to prevent the alveoli from collapsing by ________. → interfering with the cohesiveness of water molecules, thereby reducing the surface tension of alveolar fluid