5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A religion - means "One who has submitted"
- b An Islamic house of worship
- c A caliphate which was formed by Shi'a Muslims who claimed descent from Muhammad's daughter Fatima
- d The migration or pilgramage
- e Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets
5 Multiple choice questions
- Five times every day, Muslims face toward Mecca to pray. They assemble at a mosque
- All Muslims who are physically and financially able to perform the hajj (pilgramage - migration) to Mecca, at least once. Pilgrims wear identical garments so that all stand as equals before Allah
- The concept of belief in one god and the people worshiped Allah as Monotheism
- A building opened by Caliph Al - Ma'mun in Bagdad which combined all three of a library, an academy and a translation center
- To become a Muslim, a person would have to testify to the statement of faith - "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."
5 True/False questions
Islam → A religion - means "One who has submitted"
Shi'a → A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
Qur'an → Holy book of the Muslims where the revelations were collected
Sufi → A group of people who rejected the luxurious life of the Umayyads and they pursued a life of poverty and made a devotion to a spiritual path
Umayyads → Claimed to be the messenger of Allah who took great interest in religion and was the last of the Prophets