5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Pillar: Prayer
- Five Pillar: Pilgrimage
- a The art of beautiful handwriting
- b Five times every day, Muslims face toward Mecca to pray. They assemble at a mosque
- c All Muslims who are physically and financially able to perform the hajj (pilgramage - migration) to Mecca, at least once. Pilgrims wear identical garments so that all stand as equals before Allah
- d A family who came to power, moved the capital of Arabia to Damascus
- e Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
5 Multiple choice questions
- System of law which regulates family life and moral conduct. Also community and business life of Muslims
- A building opened by Caliph Al - Ma'mun in Bagdad which combined all three of a library, an academy and a translation center
- Followers of Muhammad's example - Believe that the first four caliphs were rightly guided; that Muslim rulers should follow the Sunna or Muhammad's example; lastly that the Shi'a have distorted the meaning of various passages of the Qur'an
- During the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Muslims fast between dawn and sunset. A simple meal is eaten at the end of the day. Fasting serves to remind Muslims that their spiritual needs are greater than their physical needs
- A religion - means "One who has submitted"
5 True/False questions
Shi'a → A group who believed that the prophets son in law should have succeeded Muhammad; that all Muslim rulers should be descended from Muhammad; and lastly that the Sunni have distorted the meaning of various passages in the Qur'an - Shi'a means "party of Ali"
Hijrah → Meaning "Submission to the will of Allah"
Hajj → The name of the migration when Muhammad and his followers left Mecca because of being attacked
Sunna → Best way for proper living
Sufi → A group of people who rejected the luxurious life of the Umayyads and they pursued a life of poverty and made a devotion to a spiritual path