← PSSA Terms Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- reading critically
- context clues
- graphic organizer
- a information from the reading that helps the reader to identify the meaning of an unknown word
- b the grammatical arrangement of words in sentences
- c skillfulness in speaking or writing
- d Reading in which a questioning attitude, logical analysis and inference are used to judge the worth of text.
- e diagram or pictoral device that shows relationship
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mechanics, usage and sentence completeness.
- repetition of initial consonant sounds
- to restate in other words
- Tools used by the author to enliven and provide voice to the writing (e.g., dialogue, alliteration).
- comparison using like or as
5 True/False Questions
metaphor → The repitition of stressed and unstressed syllables
self-monitor → adjust strategies for comprehension
figurative language → Writing or speech that is used to create vivid impressions by setting up comparisons between dissimilar things, [examples are metaphor, simile, and personification.
style → Attitude of the author toward the audience and characters
theme → Basic argument by a speaker or writer