← PSSA Terms Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- conventions of language
- pattern book
- a Mechanics, usage and sentence completeness.
- b the study of language meaning
- c A book with a predictable language structure and often written with predictable text; also known as predictable book.
- d major idea broad enough to cover the entire scope of a literary work
- e form of literature in which irony, sarcasm, and ridicule are employed to attack human vice and folly
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Examine and judge carefully.
- Tools used by the author to enliven and provide voice to the writing (e.g., dialogue, alliteration).
- representing an abstract quality or idea as a person or creature
- incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
- the act of describing distinctive characteristics or essential features
5 True/False Questions
reading critically → Reading in which a questioning attitude, logical analysis and inference are used to judge the worth of text.
narrative → an account of an actual or fictional event
tone → Attitude of the author toward the audience and characters
focus → Fluency, rythm and livelinessunique to the writer
thesis → major idea broad enough to cover the entire scope of a literary work