5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Routine Governmental Action
- Disclosure, Prohibition
- a The two distinct areas the FCPA focuses on is ____ and _____.
- b Under FCPA, payments lawful under foreign laws are legal. (true/false)
- c All of the following are covered under Title II: Auditor Independance, except:
a) Prohibits specific "nonaudit" services of public accounting firms as violation of auditor independence.
b) requires the external auditor to report to the client's audit committee on specific topics.
c) Requires auditors to disclose all other written communications between management and themselves.
d) requires audit committees to be independent and undertake specified oversight responsibilities.
- d (FCPA) Any regular administrative process or procedure, excluding any action taken by a foreign official in the decision to award new or continuing business.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Prior to the passing of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPa), illegal behavior was punishable only through the ______ sources of legislation.
- Fortunately, if a bribe is unsuccessful, the company connot be found in violation of the FCPA. (true/false)
- What is the maximum term of organizational prohibition?
- The primary purpose of the FCPA was to control bribery and other less obvious forms of payment to foreign officials and politicians by American publicly traded companies as they pursued internantional growth. (True/false)
- The SEC can enforce criminal penalties of up to $2 million per violation of the FCPA against corporate and business entities. (true/false)
5 True/False Questions
Defense Industry Initiatives → The ______contains six principles that "were intended to promote sound management practices, to ensure that companies were in compliance with complex regulations, and to restore public confidence in the defense industry."
Mitigating → Factors that can decrease the culpability score are called _______ factors
Federal Sentencing guidelines for organizations → The ______ holds businesses liable for the criminal acts of their employees and agents.
Grease payment → Facilitating payments to foreign officials in order to expedite or secure the performance of a routine governmental action is know as a _________.
False → The SBDC strictly enforces the FCPA. (true/false)