5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- umbilical vein
- umbilical artery
- a nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism
- b supportive membrane surrounding internal organs and attaching to the body wall
- c A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
- d circulatory; carries waste and deoxygenated blood from the fetus to the mother
- e hard bony projections in the jaws for chewing food
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- The upper right chamber of the heart, where deoxygenated blood is received from the vena cava and then sent to the right ventricle.
- digestive organ in which most chemical digestion takes place
- Middle portion of the small intestine
5 True/False Questions
hard palate → The hard front portion of the roof of the mouth and floor of the nasal cavity
cecum → A short tube at the end of the large intestine where waste material is compressed into a solid form before being eliminated
smooth muscle → a muscle that contracts involuntary and is found in walls of internal organs such as stomach and intestine and bladder and blood vessels (excluding the heart)
left ventricle → the chamber on the right side of the heart that receives venous blood from the right atrium and pumps it into the pulmonary trunk
large intestine → the last section of the digestive system, where water is absorbed from food and the remaining material is eliminated from the body