5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bile duct
- large intestine
- smooth muscle
- sinus cavity
- a the last section of the digestive system, where water is absorbed from food and the remaining material is eliminated from the body
- b Tube that carries bile from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine.
- c (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- d food is churned by muscles here, chemicles like hydrochloric acid and pepsin added and forms a liquid called chyme
- e a muscle that contracts involuntary and is found in walls of internal organs such as stomach and intestine and bladder and blood vessels (excluding the heart)
5 Multiple choice questions
- belonging to or on or near the back or upper surface of an animal or organ or part
- receives blood from the head and arms and chest and empties into the right atrium of the heart
- digestive organ in which most chemical digestion takes place
- the chamber on the left side of the heart that receives arterial blood from the left atrium and pumps it into the aorta
- The hard front portion of the roof of the mouth and floor of the nasal cavity
5 True/False questions
umbilical vein → A vein in the umbilical cord; brings nutrient blood from the mother to the fetus.
soft palate → muscular posterior (back) portion of the palate
ventral → nearest to or facing toward the axis of an organ or organism
larynx → voice box; passageway for air moving from pharynx to trachea; contains vocal cords
branchi → Derived from tertiary bronchi. Walls made of smooth muscle. Subdivide into alveolar ducts that are derived from respiratory bronchioles.