5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pyloric sphincter
- anal sphincter
- small intestine
- a The valve that controls the release of feces from the recturm. It has an internal part made of smooth muscle (thus involuntary) and an external part made of skeletal muscle (thus voluntary).
- b ring of muscle that guards the opening between the stomach and the duodenum
- c thick middle muscle layer of the heart; pumps blood through the circulatory system
- d first part of the small intestine
- e digestive organ in which most chemical digestion takes place
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tube that carries bile from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine.
- this surrounds and protects the heart
- the passage to the stomach and lungs
- The hard front portion of the roof of the mouth and floor of the nasal cavity
- belonging to or on or near the back or upper surface of an animal or organ or part
5 True/False questions
salivary glands → glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion
epiglottis → a flap of cartilage that covers the windpipe while swallowing
skeletal muscle → Vouluntary, striated muscle that moves bones, works in pairs and is attatched to bones by tendons
branchi → Derived from tertiary bronchi. Walls made of smooth muscle. Subdivide into alveolar ducts that are derived from respiratory bronchioles.
trachea → food is churned by muscles here, chemicles like hydrochloric acid and pepsin added and forms a liquid called chyme