5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- anal sphincter
- bile duct
- a Middle portion of the small intestine
- b The valve that controls the release of feces from the recturm. It has an internal part made of smooth muscle (thus involuntary) and an external part made of skeletal muscle (thus voluntary).
- c opening through which wastes leave the digestive tract
- d hard bony projections in the jaws for chewing food
- e Tube that carries bile from the liver and gallbladder to the intestine.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- a flat muscle that seperates the chest from the abdominal cavity
- (air filled pocket with mucous membrane) - ducts drain into internal nose; help with conditioning of incoming air.
- first part of the small intestine
- the chamber on the left side of the heart that receives arterial blood from the left atrium and pumps it into the aorta
5 True/False questions
cardiac sphincter → the valve between the distal end of the esophagus and the stomach
cecum → first part of the large intestine
branchi → Derived from tertiary bronchi. Walls made of smooth muscle. Subdivide into alveolar ducts that are derived from respiratory bronchioles.
glottis → a flap of cartilage that covers the windpipe while swallowing
systemic circuit → carries blood to the lungs for gas exchange and returns it to the heart