← WWII Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Adolf Hitler
- Albert Einstein
- a famous scientist who wrote to FDR addressing the need to build an atomic bomb before the Nazis
- b Nazis' program during World War II to kill people they considered undesirable. Some 6 million Jews perished during the Holocaust, along with millions of Poles, Gypsies, Communists, Socialists, and others.
- c Nazi dictator of Germany
- d a political system headed by a dictator that calls for extreme nationalism and racism and no tolerance of opposition
- e policy of having little to do with the political affairs of foreign nations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
- site of 2nd Atomic Bomb, killing 40,000+ Japanese citizens
- Area captured by Japan during the Sino-Japanese Wars
- American base in Hawaii that was bombed by Japanese planes on Decemeber 7, 1941. The bombing of this forced the US to enter the war
- Secret American program during World War II to develop an atomic bomb
5 True/False Questions
Joseph Stalin → ruled the USSR during WWII; ruled from 1928-1953, one of the "Big Three"
Hiroshima → site of the 1st atomic bomb dropping on Japan, killing 70,000+
blitzkrieg → "Lighting war", the type of fast-moving warfare used by German forces against Poland in 1939
Dwight D. Eisenhower → British statesman and leader during World War II
appeasement → practice of giving in to aggression in order to avoid war