← ch 17 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fade in
- production switcher
- a a row of buttons on the control panel of a SEG that access different functions.
- b a momentary "trashing" of the video signal.
- c a video effect where a totally dark picture transitions into a fully visible picture.
- d the general, technical name used for either a video switcher or a special effects generator.
- e a video effect where a line, or multiple lines, moves across the screen and replaces one picture with another.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a bonafide video signal that has no lightness.
- a bank on a SEG that allows each signal to be processed individually.
- a video effect where the image slowly goes to a black screen as a scene of a program ends.
- an instantaneous picture change that occurs on the screen.
- a member of the production team whose primary job function is to follow the camera script or verbal commands from the director and operate the video switcher accordingly.
5 True/False Questions
bank → two buses on the control panel of a SEG that are electronically connected to each other.
dissolve → a video effect where one picture slowly disintegrates while another image slowly appears.
fade → a video effect where a line, or multiple lines, moves across the screen and replaces one picture with another.
video switcher → piece of equipment to which all video sources in a studio are connected.
fader lever → a video effect where the image slowly goes to a black screen as a scene of a program ends.