← Protists and fungi Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Any organism that breaks down and obtains energy from dead organic matter
- Small cavity or "bubble" in the cytoplasm of a protist that stores and digests food.
- A temporary extension of the cytoplasm, as in the ameoba, to enable the organism to move and take in food. A "false foot."
- Tiny hair-like structures used for locomotion and to sweep food into the organism's "mouth."
- A single-celled plant-like protist that has a flagellum and an eyespot. It has chloroplasts, and can be heterotrophic or autotrophic.
4 True/False Questions
flagella → A soft, blob-like protozoan that moves and takes in food by forming pseudopods.
pellicle → A tough but flexible membrane that encloses a paramecium and some other protists
amoeba → A soft, blob-like protozoan that moves and takes in food by forming pseudopods.
protists → Eukaryotes that cannot be classified as animals, plants, or fungi. Most are unicellular.