5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT)
- Warren Commission
- a Negotiations between the United States and Soviet Union (USSR) to limit the number of war arms/ missiles each country holds.
- b movement pushing for the formation of a Jewish homeland in Palestine following WWII.
- c Commission led by Chief Justice Earl Warren to investigate the assassination of JFK.
- d Period in the 1970s when tensions between the United States and Soviet Union eased.
- e Policy followed by the Nixon administration of gradually turning over all the fighting in Vietnam to the South Vietnamese army.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- huge assault by the North Vietnamese on numerous strategic points in South Vietnam.
- an economic organization consisting primarily of Arab nations that controls the price of oil and the amount of oil its members produce and sell to other nations.
- Middle-class voters who Nixon courted in the 1968 election. This group of people were weary of the social programs by LBJ and JFK.
- man arrested for killing Kennedy.
- Organization that ran president Richard Nixon's 1972 re-election campaign.
5 True/False Questions
Medicaid → health assistance to people under the poverty level.
House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) → domestic version of the Peace Corps. Helped bring jobs to poor communities and performed community service.
Warsaw Pact → European recovery program; US gave money to European countries to help them rebuild their economy after WWII.
Satellite Nations → Economic conditions characterized by rising inflation and unemployment that occurred during Nixon's first term.
NATO → North Atlantic Treaty Organization; a military alliance formed in 1949 by the US, Western European nations, and others in case of Soviet attack.