5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- phrase that characterized the policies Bismarck used to unite Germany
- Which war was an embarrassing defeat for the Russians?
- Victor Emmanuel I
- Otto von Bismarck
- a Realistic politics based on the needs of the state and which saw power as being more important than principles
- b Blood & Iron
- c King of Sardinia that became the first King of Italy in 1861
- d Prussian Chancellor that succeeded in creating a united Germany
- e Russo-Japanese
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lower house of the German parliament
- Bismarck's attempt to weaken the role of the Church in Germany
- A message that Bismarck used to get France to declare war on Germany
- the name of the Prime Minister of Sardinia who played a central role in the unification of Italy
- Title for ruler of Germany during the Second Riech
5 True/False Questions
Francis Joseph I. → the name of the Austrian Emperor who granted limited reforms and granted a new constitution?
the last European country to end feudalism → Bundesrat
Crimean War → the war that lasted from 1853-1856 and which pitted Russia against the British, French, and Turks
Giuseppe Garibaldi → the name of the leader of the Sicilian nationalist force known as the Red Shirts?
Russian socialists preached the ideas of which German thinker? → Alexander II