5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pituitary gland
- antidiuretic hormone
- a the master gland of the endocrine system
- b hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland which aids in water reabsorption by the kidney
- c a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
- d A hormone produced by the ovaries which acts with estrogen to bring about the menstral cycle.
- e inner part of kidney which produces epineprine and norepinephrine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- secreted in increasing amounts during puberty, by the anterior pituitary gland, to stimulate development of reproductive cell follicles
- Produced by the thyroid gland and decreases the blood calcium levels by stimulating calcium deposit in the bones. The antagonist of the parathyroid hormone.
- located partially behind the stomach in the abdomen, and it functions as both an endocrine and exocrine gland. It produces digestive enzymes as well as insulin and glucagon
- condition affecting nerves causing muscle spasms as a result of low amounts of calcium in the blood caused by a deficiency of the parathyroid hormone
- a hormone secreted by the beta cells of the Islets of Langerhans of the pancreas responsible for regulating the metabolism of glucose
5 True/False Questions
hormones → outer part of kidney which produces corticosteroids; helps body deal with longtern stress
one messenger model → mechanism of hormone action used by protein hormones; attach to cell membrane receptors which activate enzymes in the cell to produce the desired effect
endocrine system → a collection of glands and groups of cells thats secrete hormones that regulate growth,development, and homeostsis
oxytocin → A hormone produced by the hypothalamus and released from the posterior pituitary. It induces contractions of the uterine muscles during labor.
glucagon → a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics