5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- positive feedback
- a secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
- b Process that amplifies a small change (Reinforce change)
- c A hormone produced by the ovaries which acts with estrogen to bring about the menstral cycle.
- d a hormone secreted by the beta cells of the Islets of Langerhans of the pancreas responsible for regulating the metabolism of glucose
- e A hormone produced by the hypothalamus and released from the posterior pituitary. It induces contractions of the uterine muscles during labor.
5 Multiple choice questions
- hormone secreted by alpha cells of the pancreas; raises blood glucose levels
- a condition in which the pancreas fails to produce enough insulin or the body's cells cannot use it properly, characterized by excessive thirst, weight loss/gain, frequent urination.
- one of a pair of ductless glands, located above the kidneys, consisting of a cortex, which produces steroidal hormones, and a medulla, which produces epinephrine and norepinephrine.
- a corticosteroid hormone that is secreted by the cortex of the adrenal gland, regulates mineral balance in blood and controls fluid volumes
- a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
5 True/False questions
cortex → secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
protein hormones → class of hormones that cannot pass through the cell membrane; less likely to be stored in the body
steroid hormone → class of hormones that can pass through the cell membrane; can be stored in the body
pituitary gland → the master gland of the endocrine system
calcitonin → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.