5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a deficient hormone production by an endocrine gland
- b The male sex hormone produced by the testes which promotes the maturation of the reproductive system accessory structures, and development of the male secondary sex characteristics.
- c Peptide hormone released by anterior pituitary which promotes lactation.
- d secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels
- e a condition in which the body's bones become weak and break easily; may be caused by hypersecretion of parahormone
5 Multiple choice questions
- part of the brain which links the endocine and nervous system, and controls the pituitary gland.
- a condition in which the pancreas fails to produce enough insulin or the body's cells cannot use it properly, characterized by excessive thirst, weight loss/gain, frequent urination.
- hormone secreted by alpha cells of the pancreas; raises blood glucose levels
- inner part of kidney which produces epineprine and norepinephrine
- the master gland of the endocrine system
5 True/False questions
calcitonin → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
Thymus gland → Gland located near the heart; it aids in the body's defence against infection by making antibodies
estrogen → a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
parahormone → secreted by parathyroid glands and controls calcium and phosphate metabolism
cortex → secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by regulating glucose, carbohydrates, and fat levels