5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- growth hormone
- positive feedback
- a Hypersecretion of the GH in adults which causes an overgrowth of bones in the hands, feet, and face
- b chemical "messengers" of the endocrine system that are released into the blood
- c Process that amplifies a small change (Reinforce change)
- d Peptide hormone released by anterior pituitary which promotes lactation.
- e hormone secreted by anterior pituitary gland that stimulates growth of bones
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- inner part of kidney which produces epineprine and norepinephrine
- Gland located near the heart; it aids in the body's defence against infection by making antibodies
- Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
- A hormone produced by the hypothalamus and released from the posterior pituitary. It induces contractions of the uterine muscles during labor.
- A small mass of tissue near the center of the brain; it secretes the hormone melatonin.
5 True/False Questions
diabetes → chemical "messengers" of the endocrine system that are released into the blood
tetany → Hormone secreted by the pineal gland, used to regulate sleep patterns.
calcitonin → Produced by the thyroid gland and decreases the blood calcium levels by stimulating calcium deposit in the bones. The antagonist of the parathyroid hormone.
hypothalamus → part of the brain which links the endocine and nervous system, and controls the pituitary gland.
osteoporosis → a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics