5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the United States, parents tend to prefer children with a(n) ___________ temperament, whereas in China, a(n) _________ temperament is more highly valued.
- A loss of impairment of language ability caused by brain injury is called
- Approximately_________of lesbins are parents.
- The Harry Harlow (1958) study concluded that contact comfort is more important for attachment than feeding. What evidence was used to support this conclusion?
- According to Urie Bronfenbrenner, this contextual environment consists of the influences exerted by the culture in which an individual lives.
- a aphasia
- b active; inhibited
- c Baby monkeys spent more time with cloth surrogate mothers than with wire surrogate mothers.
- d 20%
- e macrosystem
5 Multiple choice questions
- child abuse
- Boys are more likely to have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- learn to identify others' emotional states; anticipate what will improve others' emotional states.
- control group does not receive the independent variable.
5 True/False questions
• Eight-year-old Joshua is obese. His excess weight puts him at risk for all of the following, EXCEPT: → anemia.
Which of the following disorders is LEAST likely to happen to a mother 16 - 34 years old → being bullied over his looks or his speech
• Why are there more elementary and secondary school children living in stepfamilies than there are infants and preschool children? → bilingualism may be related to poorer formal language proficiency
• What is the second most common cause of death for the child in middle childhood? → cancer
Janine impatiently grabs the door handle from her toddler daughter, quickly opens the door, and hurries the little girl through. Erik Erikson would say that Janine's daughter → well develop a sence of shame and doubt if this type of interaction occurs constitently