5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hotel Matignon, Paris
- FB Louis XIV side chair
- b Andre charles boulle , low, elaborate chest of drawers; a moveable stand or cupboard containing a washbowl; a chair enclosing a chamber pot
- c a type of wall decoration used in 17th century French domestic architecture consists of vertical bands of rusticated masonry which divides the facades into panels or bays
- e French term for Private residents for French Aristocracy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an upholstered armchair
- Flower gardens arranged in formal, often symmetrical, patterns with separating paths
- A series of rooms that adjoin each other
5 True/False questions
pierced stretcher → Stretchers in X-form of Italian origin, sometimes scrolled or in serpentine form with a finial in the center
Frontispiece → the decorated front wall or bay of a building. An ornamental porch or chief pediment.
Entrance Facade Vaux-le-Vicomte →
Architect- Louis le Vau, Landscape Architect- Andre le Notre. Built for Nicholas Fouquet.
Ormolu → a gabled extension built out from a sloping roof to accommodate a vertical window
Cour d'honneur → : golden or gilded brass or bronze used for decorative purposes (as in mounts for furniture)