5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Entrance Facade Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Place des Vosges-
- Andre Charles Boulle
- Parquet de Versailles
- Louvre- East Front -Architect Claude Perrault
Architect- Louis le Vau, Landscape Architect- Andre le Notre. Built for Nicholas Fouquet.
- d the French cabinetmaker who is generally considered to be the preeminent artist in the field of marquetry. His fame in marquetry led to his name being given to a fashion of inlaying known as Boulle (or, in 19th-century Britain, Buhl work)
- e inlayed wood flooring, usually set in simple geometric patterns.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Residental urban community
- wood paneling on interior walls usually floor to ceiling, as a rule inriched by carving, gilding, painting, or , rarely inlaying.
- Flower gardens arranged in formal, often symmetrical, patterns with separating paths
5 True/False Questions
Frontispiece → a heavy curtain hung across a doorway
Palais de Versailles- Aerial View; Architect - Louis Le Vau, Painter -Charles le Brun, Landscape Architect- Andre Le Notre →
Ormolu → : golden or gilded brass or bronze used for decorative purposes (as in mounts for furniture)
place des Vosges →
Hotel → French term for Private residents for French Aristocracy.