5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- En Suite
- place des Vosges
- Galerie des Glaces (Hall of Mirrors) - Versailles. Architect Jules Hardouin Mansart- 3rd Building
- FB Louis XIV side chair
- a A series of rooms that adjoin each other
- b A rhomb or, more rarely a rhomboid usually one of a series. Diamond shaped form.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The central support of a medieval doorway.
- he Savonnerie carpets from their creation were woven by the royal manufacturer for Louis XIV to Louis XVI. Only the king was able to own or rarely sell a Savonnerie carpet, leading to the development of the Aubusson. These flat woven carpets emulated the designs of the Savonnerie carpets. This lead to its vast popularity with the wealthy European community. Aubusson rugs graced the floors throughout all of Europe in the 17th and the 18th century.
- a type of wall decoration used in 17th century French domestic architecture consists of vertical bands of rusticated masonry which divides the facades into panels or bays
5 True/False questions
Louvre- East Front -Architect Claude Perrault →
Cour d'honneur → a gabled extension built out from a sloping roof to accommodate a vertical window
Cove ceiling → A rhomb or, more rarely a rhomboid usually one of a series. Diamond shaped form.
Parquet de Versailles →
Fauteuil → French term for Private residents for French Aristocracy.