5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FB Louis XIV side chair
- Louis XIV Bedroom - Versailles
- Hotel Matignon, Paris
- Louis XIV Canape
- diaper pattern
- a an allover pattern with motifs placed in a repeated design, esp. on a rectangular or diagonal grid.
- e French Sofa or Fauteuil expanded to 3 seats
5 Multiple choice questions
- wood paneling on interior walls usually floor to ceiling, as a rule inriched by carving, gilding, painting, or , rarely inlaying.
- a 17th century desk form named more or less in memory of Cardinal Mazarin, regent of France from 1642 to 1661. It is the earliest predecessor of the pedestal desk and differs from it by having only two tiers of drawers or three tiers of rather small drawers under the desktop surface, followed by eight legs supporting the whole. Also, the bureau Mazarin has cross braces between the legs, forming two Xs or two Hs on each side.
- Stretchers in X-form of Italian origin, sometimes scrolled or in serpentine form with a finial in the center
5 True/False questions
Vaux-le-Vicomte. Architect- Loius Le VAU, Charles Le Brun - painter, Landscape Architect- Andre le Notre. Build for Nicholas Fouquet. →
Trumeau → : golden or gilded brass or bronze used for decorative purposes (as in mounts for furniture)
Portieres → a heavy curtain hung across a doorway
FB Louis XIV Commodes →
Lozenge → A rhomb or, more rarely a rhomboid usually one of a series. Diamond shaped form.