5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FB Louis XIV Commodes
- FB Louis XIV inlaid table
- FB Louis XIV side chair
- b a heavy curtain hung across a doorway
- d a type of wall decoration used in 17th century French domestic architecture consists of vertical bands of rusticated masonry which divides the facades into panels or bays
5 Multiple choice questions
- French term for Private residents for French Aristocracy.
- inlayed wood flooring, usually set in simple geometric patterns.
5 True/False questions
Galerie des Glaces (Hall of Mirrors) - Versailles. Architect Jules Hardouin Mansart- 3rd Building →
Hotel Matignon, Paris → a heavy curtain hung across a doorway
Dormer → : golden or gilded brass or bronze used for decorative purposes (as in mounts for furniture)
Pavillions → a room used primarily for exhibition of art objects; a drawing room.
Cove ceiling → A rhomb or, more rarely a rhomboid usually one of a series. Diamond shaped form.