← Unit Fourteen Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Yalta Conference
- Alliance for Progress
- Nikita Khruschev
- Berlin Wall
- a Succeeded Stalin as the head of the Soviet Communist Party and became the Soviet premier.
- b Intense anti-communist suspicion from late 1940s until late 1950s. Named to criticize actions of Senator Joseph McCarthy during second "Red Scare".
- c Meeting among leaders of the United States, Britain, and the Soviet Union in 1945; agreed to Soviet entry into the Pacific war in return for possessions in Manchuria, organization of the United Nations; disputed the division of political organization in the eastern European states to be reestablished after the war.
- d A program in which the United States gave billions of dollers to help Latin American countries overcome poverty and other problems in order to counter Communism.
- e In 1961, the Soviet Union built a high barrier to seal off their sector of Berlin in order to stop the flow of refugees out of the Soviet zone of Germany. The wall was torn down in 1989.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Joint effort by the US and Britian to fly food and supplies into W Berlin after the Soviet blocked off all ground routes into the city
- former Nationalist leader of China who fled to Taiwan after Communist Mao Zedong took over
- American general, who commanded allied troops in the Pacific during World War II.
- The conflict between Communist North Korea and Non-Communist South Korea. The United Nations (led by the United States) helped South Korea.
- a Russian artificial satellite- US panic over it leads to "space race"
5 True/False Questions
Charles de Gaulle → French general and statesman who became very popular during World War II as the leader of the Free French forces in exile.
Adolf Hitler → Fascist dictator of Germany in WW II.
Rosie the Riveter → Site where Ohio National Guard members opened fire on a college campus anti-war protest, killing four students.
Benito Mussolini → an organization of independent states formed in 1945 to promote international peace and security
Kellogg Briand Pact → The place where the final battle took place that forced the French out of Vietnam