5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Harry Harlow
- Ivan Pavlov
- Phillip Zimbardo
- Gibson & Walk
- Alfred Adler
- a Social Psychologist; Did the "Stanford Prison Study" on role-playing
- b Studied depth perception using the "visual cliff"
- c Russian Physiologist; classical conditioning (salivation in dogs)
- d Attachment/body contact studies in baby monkeys
- e Neo-Freudian; Focused on the "inferiority complex"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Observational Learning ("modeling"); Reciprocal determinism
- Studied sensory (iconic) memory
- Discovered that a portion of the hypothalamus was smaller in gay men
- Cognitive theorist; Studied Locus of Control
- Cognitive behaviorist; studied "learned helplessness" and was a proponent of "positive psychology"
5 True/False Questions
Phineas Gage → Stages of Cognitive Development
Lewis Terman → Studied gifted kids; Revised Simon-Binet to the Stanford-Binet IQ test
Blakemore & Cooper → Studied sensory restriction in kittens
Walter Mischel → Functionalist; 1st president of APA; Wrote "Principle of Psychology" in 1890
William James → Groupthink