← Anatomy Exam 4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mobile articulators
- intrinsic tongue muscles
- buccal surface
- a faces the cheek
- b attaches to the eustachian tube and palatopharyngeus muscle in the pharynx wall. elevates lateral pharynx wall. cranial nerves X and XII
- c origin and insertion both within the tongue
- d space between internal nares and soft palate
- e elements of the vocal tract that are moveable; lips, tongue, soft palate, pharynx walls, and buccae.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- membrane that sperates the oral cavity from the pharynx; palatoglossus muscle
- raise larynx+constrict pharynx
- space between the anterior and posterior nares (chocine); vestibule is anterior-most portion
- flat surfaces, grinding
- muscular ridge that marks the division between the oral cavity and pharynx
5 True/False Questions
palatine tonsils → lymphoid tissue between the anterior and posterior faucial pillars
joint capsule → connective tissue lining of the joint forming upper and lower joint cavities
salivary glands → secrete saliva to protect teeth and moisten oral cavity.
muscles that move mandible → highly moveable for all functions of oral cavity.
retraction → protrude lower jaw