5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A patient presents with symptoms including relatively severe fever, slight chills, and a sore throat. Which two herbs represent the appropriate category to treat this patient?
- A patient presents with aversion to cold, cold limbs, pale complexion, profuse and clear urine, pale tongue, and a pulse that is submerged and thin. Which category would be most appropriate to treat this patient?
- The following subcategories fall under which general category? Herbs that Anchor, Settle, & Calm the Spirit and Herbs that Nourish the Heart & Calm the Spirit
- What herb is bitter, treats phlegm cold, coughing and wheezing and vomiting?
- Cimifugae Rhizoma
- a Xuan Fu Hua
- b Herbs that Calm the Spirit
- c Herbs that Warm the Interior and Expel Cold
- d Bo He & Niu Bang Zi
- e Sheng Ma
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mu Tong
- Gua Lou Ren
- Herbs that Cool the Blood
- Bai Zi Ren
- Aromatic Substances that Open the Orifices
5 True/False questions
Qiang Huo is in which category? → Purgatives
Acanthopanacis Cortex → Wu Jia Pi
Herbs in this category mostly tonify the kidneys, because they are the root of yang of the whole body, and also tonify the spleen and the heart. → Niu Bang Zi
This herb, from the WARE category, treats measles? → Jing Jie
Which herb extinguishes wind, clears heat, stops tremors, and pacifies the liver? → Gou Teng