5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Solexa sequencing
- Minimal core genome is around # genes
- Prevalent genes
- Highest density of microbes is in x. - xcells/ml.
- Composition of the minimal gut genome and metagenome
- a Just remember that it uses reversible chain termination
- b tons of stuff that comprises less than 10%, most common group is unknown - almost 60%.
- c 6000 genes - large fraction are unknown
- d genes from the most abundant reads
- e colon with 10^11 to 10^12 cells/ml
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 86.7%, 86%
- Top down is when selection pressure on host results in a microbial group selection in the gut as well as the host immune system and intermicrobial dynamics playing a role in the gut. Bottom up selection (99% of genes in our body are encoded in our gut) - genome interactions influence phenotype of cells, selection of cell phenotype results in selection of specific genomes
- Bacteroides uniformis
- 1. Single gene - many microbes with mixed 16S sequences. 2. Metagenomics-sequencing many genes from many microbes
- fewer (25%)
5 True/False Questions
Environmental genomics is also known as → 6000 genes - large fraction are unknown
99% of genes in our body are in fact encoded in our → gut
Estimated 100 trillion microbes when → we reach adulthood
x% of genes in our body are in fact encoded in our gut → 99%
Powerful tool for assessing the phylogenetic and metabolic diversity of an environment → tons of stuff that comprises less than 10%, most common group is unknown - almost 60%.