5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- gave the americans the right to travel freely on the mississippi river and the right to store goods at the port of new orleans without paying costum duties.
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
- three Agents known as X Y & Z told the americans that they would not get talks w/the French minister unless they loaned France 10 million $ and pay the minister a bribe of $250,000. Adams refused to pay. The US canceled its treaties w/France and allowed US ships to sieze french vessels.
- Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
- Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.
5 True/False questions
Virginia and Kentucky resolutions - what did the resolutions declare → that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
Aliens and Sedation Acts - what did these relations declare → targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
Why did Jefferson oppose national bank? → He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
What are loose interpratations of the constitution and who favored each → is what Hamilton believed that the elastic clause in the document grants the congress power to use means necessary to carry out the power such as setting up the bank. Jefferson believed in in the narrow or strict power.
What the Judiciary Act Established → Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph