5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
- Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
- to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
- Foreign alliances, no more than one political party, not to spend money we don't have
5 True/False questions
What are loose interpratations of the constitution and who favored each → He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
John Adams elected president - What was noteworthy about his election? → Washington urged on by Hamilton was prepared to enforce the tax and crush the Whiskey rebellion. They feared that not to act would weaken its authority.
What the Judiciary Act Established → It gave the Supreme Court 6 members, 1 judge, 5 associate justices and it also provided for lower, less powerful federal courts
XYZ affair - What affect did the XYZ affair have on US / French Relations? → three Agents known as X Y & Z told the americans that they would not get talks w/the French minister unless they loaned France 10 million $ and pay the minister a bribe of $250,000. Adams refused to pay. The US canceled its treaties w/France and allowed US ships to sieze french vessels.
Why did Hamilton support national bank? → Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.