5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Secretary of War - Henry Knox, Secretary of State - Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury - Alexander Hamilton, Advise the Govt. for legal Matters - Edomen Randolph
- it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
- This was the first election in 1796 where political parties competed. He was a Federalist, Jefferson was the Democrat-Republican candiate.
- three Agents known as X Y & Z told the americans that they would not get talks w/the French minister unless they loaned France 10 million $ and pay the minister a bribe of $250,000. Adams refused to pay. The US canceled its treaties w/France and allowed US ships to sieze french vessels.
- targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
5 True/False Questions
Washington's farewell address - What did Washington warn against in the farewell address? → Foreign alliances, no more than one political party, not to spend money we don't have
Why did Hamilton support national bank? → He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
French Revolution- How did the French Revolution affect the US? → It helped exports, it almost resulted in war between the US and Great Brittian, the US was able to make the Louisiana Purchase. Some engineers moved to the US.
Pinckney's Treaty- What did spain and the U.S. agree to? → gave the americans the right to travel freely on the mississippi river and the right to store goods at the port of new orleans without paying costum duties.
Why did Jefferson oppose national bank? → Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.