5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- He believed (with Madison) in a narrow or strict view of Constitution and the Constitution did not give the government power to set up a national bank.
- It gave the Supreme Court 6 members, 1 judge, 5 associate justices and it also provided for lower, less powerful federal courts
- to pay damages/fees for the us vessels the took.
- Foreign alliances, no more than one political party, not to spend money we don't have
- targeted aliens (immigrants who were not yet citizens). One act incrsed the waiting period to become a citizen from 5 to 14 years. Other acts gave the president power to arrest disloyal alients or order them out of the country. A fourth act outlawed sedation - saying or writing anything false or harmful about the government.
5 True/False questions
Battles of Fallen Timbers- What resulted in the US Victory? → it ended all major Indian hostilities in that region until Tecumsehs War and battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, the battle of Fallen Timbers occurred in 1794.
Why did Hamilton support national bank? → Hamilton believed in a loose or broad construction of the Constitution. He thought the bank was necessary and proper to carry out the government duties.
Washington's Cabinet → It gave the Supreme Court 6 members, 1 judge, 5 associate justices and it also provided for lower, less powerful federal courts
Virginia and Kentucky resolutions - what did the resolutions declare → that the Alien and Sedation acts violated the constitution, no other states supported Kentucky and Virginia
French Revolution- How did the French Revolution affect the US? → It helped exports, it almost resulted in war between the US and Great Brittian, the US was able to make the Louisiana Purchase. Some engineers moved to the US.