5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- House of Burgesses
- Northwest Ordinance
- Magna Carta
- Missouri Compromise
- a Signed in 1215 by King John, was the first document that limited power of the ruler.
- b The first representative assembly in Virginia.
- c A policy of establishing the principles and procedures for the orderly expansion of the United States. The road to statehood.
- d Pertained to the Louisiana Purchase. Everything below the 36' 30 line of latitude would become a slave state and everything above would become a free state.
- e A tax on goods brought into a country.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Was an attitude toward society in the late 1700s based on the belief that the good virtue and morality of the people was essential to sustain the republican form of government.
- Guarantees the right to vote to all citizens regardless of race.
- Rights people have that are protected in the Bill of Rights.
- Right of the Supreme Court to judge laws passed by Congress and determine whether they are constitutional or not. Established by Marbury vs. Madison.
- Lead by Sam Adams. A group of partiots who were strongly against the king.
5 True/False Questions
Reasons people came to the U.S. → Where Robert E. Lee surrendered the Confederate Army to Ulysses S. Grant ending the Civil War. Located in Virginia.
George Washington → Was the leader of the Continental Army who became the first President of the United States.
Steamboat → The successful use of the steamboat by Robert Fulton revolutionized transportation and trade in the United States.
McCulloch V. Maryland → Was the 1803 Court decision that gave the Supreme Court the right to determine whether a law violates the Constitution. It set up the principle of judicial review.
Gettysburg Address → The sharing of power between the states and the national government. (taxing)