5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Clara Barton
- John Brown
- Henry Clay
- Sojourner Truth
- Jefferson Davis
- a started the American Red Cross
- b born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
- c fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
- d senator from kentucky known as the "Great Compromiser", solved Missouri and California's issue of statehood
- e President of the Confederacy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office
- South Carolina's senator who led private meetings with southern members of Congress, first to secede the union
- won money in a street lottery, but was hung later for his part in trying to help slaves escape
- invented the cotton gin
- conductor for the underground railroad
5 True/False Questions
Nat Turner → invented the cotton gin
Abraham Lincoln → won presidential election in 1860, the south seceded the Union due to his presidency
William Tecumseh Sherman → Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
Dred Scott → fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
Robert E. Lee → General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House