5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Clara Barton
- Stephen Douglas
- Jefferson Davis
- Henry Clay
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- a senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
- b President of the Confederacy
- c author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel depicting the wrongs of slavery, caused the north to turn against the south
- d started the American Red Cross
- e senator from kentucky known as the "Great Compromiser", solved Missouri and California's issue of statehood
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.
- Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
- Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
- Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
- won money in a street lottery, but was hung later for his part in trying to help slaves escape
5 True/False Questions
Eli Whitney → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
Nat Turner → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
Sojourner Truth → fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
Robert E. Lee → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
John C. Calhoun → South Carolina's senator who led private meetings with southern members of Congress, first to secede the union