5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Eli Whitney
- Soloman Northup
- Abraham Lincoln
- Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
- Dred Scott
- a slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.
- b wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- c invented the cotton gin
- d won presidential election in 1860, the south seceded the Union due to his presidency
- e Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
5 Multiple choice questions
- South Carolina's senator who led private meetings with southern members of Congress, first to secede the union
- conductor for the underground railroad
- born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
- Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
- President of the Confederacy
5 True/False questions
William Tecumseh Sherman → conductor for the underground railroad
Harriet Beecher Stowe → author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, a novel depicting the wrongs of slavery, caused the north to turn against the south
Zachary Taylor → hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office
John Brown → South Carolina's senator who led private meetings with southern members of Congress, first to secede the union
Robert E. Lee → General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House