5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ulysses S Grant
- Clara Barton
- Soloman Northup
- Nat Turner
- Sojourner Truth
- a born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
- b Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
- c led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
- d wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- e started the American Red Cross
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- President of the Confederacy
- fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
- senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
- hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office
- won money in a street lottery, but was hung later for his part in trying to help slaves escape
5 True/False Questions
Harriet Beecher Stowe → conductor for the underground railroad
Fredrick Douglass → a powerful voice in the abolitionist movement
Robert E. Lee → General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House
John C. Calhoun → fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army