5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- Dred Scott
- Sojourner Truth
- Robert E. Lee
- Zachary Taylor
- a Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
- b born in new York a slave, became free and traveled to spread the abolitionist view, spoke out about women's rights
- c hero of the Mexican War, owned a plantation in Louisiana, became president in 1848 died in office
- d slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.
- e General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House
5 Multiple choice questions
- fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
- wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- senator from kentucky known as the "Great Compromiser", solved Missouri and California's issue of statehood
- conductor for the underground railroad
- Colonel in the Illinois Infantry and 18th President of the U.S.
5 True/False questions
Clara Barton → fanatical abolitionist who joined the antislavery forces in Kansas, fought against proslavery settlers, more than 200 people were killed..."Bleeding Kansas"
Abraham Lincoln → started the American Red Cross
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson → Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
Nat Turner → invented the cotton gin
Jefferson Davis → senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860