5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- Eli Whitney
- John C. Calhoun
- Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
- Clara Barton
- a started the American Red Cross
- b Union general that led troops from Atlanta to the ocean and destroyed the Confederate Army
- c South Carolina's senator who led private meetings with southern members of Congress, first to secede the union
- d invented the cotton gin
- e Confederate general who stood like a stone amid a shower of bullets
5 Multiple choice questions
- won money in a street lottery, but was hung later for his part in trying to help slaves escape
- wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
- President of the Confederacy
- General of the Confederate forces in Virginia. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House
- senator from Illinois that proposed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, ran for president under the democratic ticket in the election of 1860
5 True/False questions
Dred Scott → slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.
Nat Turner → led 70 slaves in a revolt against slave owners in Virginia
John Brown → started the American Red Cross
Sojourner Truth → wrote "Twelve Years a Slave"
Ulysses S Grant → slave who moved with his master to free territory, his master died and he sued for freedom, His case lost in the Supreme Court. Slaves were defined as property.