5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- War of Roses
- classical education
- a pardon sold by catholic church to reduce one's punishment
- b A state of final purification of the soul after death but before entrance into Heaven.
- c War between the houses of Lancaster and York for the throne of England
- d studying the thoughts of the Greeks & Romans
- e painter, sculptor, and architect; painiting on the ceiling of the SIstine Chapel in Rome
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the appearance of things relative to one another as determined by their distance from the viewer
- The city where the Renaissance began
- War between France and England over who would rule France
- state ruled over by a single person, as a king or queen
- an Italian poet famous for writing the Divine Comedy that describes a journey through hell and purgatory.
5 True/False Questions
Humanism → a philosophy in which interests and values of human beings are of primary importance
Thomas More → wrote Utopia
Gutenberg → A state of final purification of the soul after death but before entrance into Heaven.
Joan of Arc → helped put Charles VII of Orleans on the throne of France
Renaissance → The great period of rebirth in art, literature, and learning in the 14th-16th centuries, which marked the transition into the modern periods of European history