← midterm Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- call back
- a A person who represents an actor by soliciting employment and negotiating contracts in exchange for 10 percent of the actor's salary.
- b When an actor gets asked back for a second reading for a part in a play.
- c A sad story with a happy ending
- d What a character has to overcome to achieve their objective.
- e The entirety of a character's part in a play
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a tryout for a part in a play
- also known as tragedy. The word derives from the ancient Greek religious ceremonies at which a god was sometimes depicted as having attributes of a goat.
- the visual aspects of a production
- The agents for the action
- According to Aristotle, a play should have one main action with few or no subplots.
5 True/False Questions
tragedy → A sad story with a happy ending
Melodrama → When an actor gets asked back for a second reading for a part in a play.
plot → Aristotle said that the plot was the "life and soul of the drama".
Action → The choice, sequence, and arrangement of the playwright's words
domestic comedy → Topics focus on family issues.