5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- call back
- a the description of a plot of a play where the action develops in chronological order without flashbacks
- b Aristotle said that the plot was the "life and soul of the drama".
- c - A serious play that makes you feel exhilarated because the hero's experience teaches you some profound truth about your life and affirms that your worst expectations about life are true.
- d a tryout for a part in a play
- e When an actor gets asked back for a second reading for a part in a play.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The entirety of a character's part in a play
- A style of theatrical production and dramatic writing that imitates selected traits of the language and appearance of everyday life.
- The point in the plot when the major dramatic question is asked.
- the part in the play when a change happens that inevitably leads to the answering of the dramatic question. Also known as the crisis.
- According to Aristotle, a play should have one main action with few or no subplots.
5 True/False questions
agent → Aristotle said that the plot was the "life and soul of the drama".
Obstacle → the visual aspects of a production
Character → genre associated with anarchic and unbelievable situations. The film Death at a Funeral is an example of a farce.
Dialogue → The speeches the characters say. The playwright's primary material.
emotional recall → the description of a plot of a play where the action develops in chronological order without flashbacks