5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- turning point
- Constantin Stanislavsky
- domestic comedy
- status quo
- a Topics focus on family issues.
- b the stable situations at the beginning of a plot, before the dramatic question is asked.
- c The Russia n actor/director who developed a widely used system for analyzing a character.
- d A sad story with a happy ending
- e the part in the play when a change happens that inevitably leads to the answering of the dramatic question. Also known as the crisis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The speeches the characters say. The playwright's primary material.
- the description of a plot of a play where the action develops in chronological order without flashbacks
- also known as tragedy. The word derives from the ancient Greek religious ceremonies at which a god was sometimes depicted as having attributes of a goat.
- A person who represents an actor by soliciting employment and negotiating contracts in exchange for 10 percent of the actor's salary.
- The entirety of a character's part in a play
5 True/False questions
audition → a tryout for a part in a play
tragedy → A sad story with a happy ending
spectacle → What a character has to overcome to achieve their objective.
major dramatic question → The plot is good versus evil. Star Wars is an example of melodrama
Farce → The agents for the action