5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- status quo
- call back
- a genre associated with anarchic and unbelievable situations. The film Death at a Funeral is an example of a farce.
- b the stable situations at the beginning of a plot, before the dramatic question is asked.
- c Aristotle said that the plot was the "life and soul of the drama".
- d an event that changes the status quo in the plot of the play
- e When an actor gets asked back for a second reading for a part in a play.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A sad story with a happy ending
- The agents for the action
- The Russia n actor/director who developed a widely used system for analyzing a character.
- main idea or theme
- a tryout for a part in a play
5 True/False questions
major dramatic question → The choice, sequence, and arrangement of the playwright's words
role/roll → The entirety of a character's part in a play
agent → A person who represents an actor by soliciting employment and negotiating contracts in exchange for 10 percent of the actor's salary.
emotional recall → When an actor remembers how he or she felt in a similar situation in real life and substitutes that feeling for the character's emotional state during the performance of a role.
Melodrama → The plot is good versus evil. Star Wars is an example of melodrama