← Chapter 25 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hubble's Law
- red giant
- galaxy cluster
- big bang
- a A large, cool, bright star.
- b the more distant a galaxy, the faster it is moving away
- c A source of regular radio pulses.
- d The theory for the origin of the universe.
- e a group of galaxies held together by gravity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A star that has exhausted most of its nuclear fuel and is believed to be near its final stage.
- A VERY large, VERY bright, cool star.
- An exploding star that increases in brightness many thousands of times.
- a galaxy made of young and old stars
- a galaxy made of young stars
5 True/False Questions
binary star → A star of extremely high density.
protostar → A source of regular radio pulses.
red shift → produced by a light source that is moving away from the observer
elliptical → a galaxy made of old stars
main sequence → The magnitude telling the actual brightness of a star.