7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the appearance of the words on the page
- the feeling created in the reader by a literary work or passage
- A figure of speech in which an object or animal is given human feelings, thoughts, or attitudes
- Words and phrases used to help the reader imagine what is being described; see, hear, taste, touch, smell. These words allow you to form pictures in your head
- This is a figure of speech that expresses a resemblance between things of different kinds (a comparison formed with 'like' or 'as').
- The feelings or emotions associated with a word
6 True/False questions
Alliteration → The feelings or emotions associated with a word
Foreshadowing → the time and place of a story
Theme → The main idea or meaning of a text. Often, this is an insight about human life revealed in a literary work. Forgiveness is the main thematic idea in our novel, Out of the Dust.
Hyperbole → a figure of speech that uses exaggeration to express strong emotion, make a point, or evoke humor
Metaphor → a figure of speech comparing to unlike things without using like or as
Setting → the time and place of a story