5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Clarence Darrow
- Lame Duck Period
- Nine-Power Treaty of 1922
- Deficit Spending
- a Chinese president who drove the communists out of Shanghai; leadr during WWII, When Mao Zedong won the Chinese civil war in 1949, this leader of nationalist Chinese republicans withdrew to the island of Taiwan.
- b Principles that helped spare China from possible partition
- c A famed criminal defense lawyer for Scopes, who supported evolution. He caused William Jennings Bryan to appear foolish when Darrow questioned Bryan about the Bible.
- d The time between the election of a new political official and when they take office. Refers specifically to the outgoing official's frequent lack of influence of power during that period
- e government practice of spending more than it takes in from taxes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Purching stock with a little money down with the promise of paying the balance at sometime in the future
- English economist who advocated the use of government monetary and fiscal policy to maintain full employment without inflation (1883-1946)
- These were the categories into which the New Deal was split. Relief defined by the acts implemented in the area of aid to the unemployment. Recovery put forth measures that would help aid in the speedy recovery of areas hit hardest by the depression. Reform tried to recreate areas that seemed faulty
- Group of WWI vets. that marched to D.C. in 1932 to demand the immediate payment of their goverment war bonuses in cash
- religion, old ways
5 True/False Questions
Pump Priming → (HH) the spending of government funds in commercial enterprises, to stimulate the national economy
Norris-La Guardia Anti-Injunction Act 1932 → Originally designed to avoid American involvement in World War II by preventing loans to those countries taking part in the conflict; they were later modified in 1939 to allow aid to Great Britain and other Allied nations.
London Economic Conference → meeting between USSR, Britian & US wanted to create an organization to help keep peace
Federal Farm Loan Act → Project designed to provide jobs for unemployed artists to design posters, offer art courses, and paint murals on public buildings. (way for struggling artists to have a job and for the community to benefit as well)
Rome-Berlin Axis → 1936; close cooperation between Italy and Germany, and soon Japan joined; resulted from Hitler; who had supported Ethiopia and Italy, he overcame Mussolini's lingering doubts about the Nazis.