← AP US Unit 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Warren Commission
- Civil Rights Act 1964
- Smith Alien Registration Act
- George Wallace
- a Office of Price Administration--set price controls to help check inflation
- b An elaborate official investigation conducted by Chief Justice Earl Warren regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The results were that Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy and himself shot to death on TV by a self-appointed avenger, Jack Ruby.
- c Third-party ticket of the 1968 elections. American Independent party. Headed by Wallace, former governor of Alabama. Preached segregation. Speaking behind a bullet-proof screen, he called for putting the blacks into their place (with bayonets if necessary). Proposed smashing North Vietnam to smithereens by "bombing them back to the Stone Age." (9,906,473 popular votes / 46 electoral votes / Southern votes.)
- d made it illegal for anyone in the United States to advocate, abet, or teach the desirability of overthrowing the government. also required all alien residents in the United States over 14 years of age to file a statement of their personal and occupational status and a record of their political beliefs.
- e Banned racial discrimination in most private facilities open to public (theaters, hospitals, etc). Strengthened gov't's ability to end segregation. Created Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (FDR) European democracies might buy American war materials on a "cash-and-carry basis"; improved American moral and economic position
- American U2 spy plane shot down by soviet missiles during reconnaissance mission. Eisenhower claimed it to be a weather plane of course, which was totally false. When the film and the pilot's suicide equipment was found in the plane later, he finally confessed. Khrushchev expected an apology which he never received. This hurt US, USSR relations big time, which were improving up to that point. The pilot was tried and sentenced to 15 years in prison in communist court. (some stuff is from movie, so I don't know how much of this u need to know)
- Japanese relocation from west coast inland.
- This concept held that Russia was relentlessly expansionary. The US primarily used this to contain Communism. Its policy was to stop what it called the domino effect of nations moving politically towards Soviet Union-based communism
- 1941-Pledge signed by US president FDR and British prime minister Winston Churchill not to acquire new territory as a result of WWII and to work for peace after the war
5 True/False Questions
Black Panthers → Openly brandished weapons in the streets of Oakland, California. The Black Panther party promoted black pride and self-defense.
Bataan death March → Openly brandished weapons in the streets of Oakland, California. The Black Panther party promoted black pride and self-defense.
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg → communists who received international attention when they were executed having been found guilty of conspiracy to commit espionage in relation to passing information on the American atomic bomb to the Soviet Union
D-Day → Office of Price Administration--set price controls to help check inflation
MacCarran-Walter Immigration act → ?