5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plessy v. Ferguson
- Warren Commission
- Kerner Commission
- Black Panthers
- a Name for National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders. Investigated causes of race riots. Called for new jobs, housing, and end to segregation.
- b (Student Non-violent Civil Commission) Encouraged by JFK. Now that the Voting Rights Act had been passed, the SNCC educated the Black community of this given right. SNCC also participated in other Civil Rights protests, as well as anti-war.
- c Separate but equal
- d An elaborate official investigation conducted by Chief Justice Earl Warren regarding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The results were that Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy and himself shot to death on TV by a self-appointed avenger, Jack Ruby.
- e Openly brandished weapons in the streets of Oakland, California. The Black Panther party promoted black pride and self-defense.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Outlawed literacy tests and sent federal voter registrars into several southern states.
- allied forces under dwight d. eisenhower landed on the beaches of normandy in history's greatest naval invasion.beginning of end of WWII
- Barrier around E. Germany. Symbol for Cold War and fight against Communism. Stood for 3 decades.
- early 1945 - After recapturing France, Allied advance stalled along the German border. Germany staged massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- American civil rights lawyer, first black justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. Marshall was a tireless advocate for the rights of minorities and the poor.
5 True/False questions
War Production board → During WWII, FDR established it to allocated scarce materials, limited or stopped the production of civilian goods, and distributed contracts among competing manufacturers
Good Neighbor policy → FDR's foreign policy of promoting better relations w/Latin America by using economic influence rater than military force in the region
Military Industrial Complex → Eisenhower first coined this phrase when he warned American against it in his last State of the Union Address. He feared that the combined lobbying efforts of the armed services and industries that contracted with the military would lead to excessive Congressional spending.
SCLC → Organization of American States. Defense , economic, peace organization which also aimed to preserve democracy within the Americas. Like NATO to a lesser degree.
American First Committee → hearings to investigate the country's involvement on WW1; this committee documented the huge profits that arms factories had made during the war