5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abstract noun
- Concrete noun
- Brave new world
- a Looks to the year 2540, where society accepts promisc sex and drug (soma) use and science has made humanity carefree, healthy, and technologically advanced. War and poverty no longer exist, and people are always happy. But these achievements have come by eliminating things from which people derive happiness —. Marx and Lenina are both from this artificial world where babies are made in factories, while John the Savage and Linda are from a Savage Reservation that still practice old ways.
- b metric line of poetry
- c Something that can be seen touched tasted or felt Something tangible
- d an idea condition or feeling (justice, freedom)
- e Story about human actions that is perceived by both the teller and the listeners --- Irving's The legend of sleepy hollow, King arthur and the holy grail
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mournful poem -- robert luis stevens's "requiem" and Tennyson's "IN Memoriam"
- The red badge of courage
- Miller- The Crucible, Death of the Salesman, Salinger's- THe catcher in the Rye
- a naive young man (Henry Fleming) matures as a result of fighting in the Civil War
- an exaggeration of emphasis
5 True/False questions
THe color purple → story of a protagonist who is repeatedly raped by a man she thinks is her father. A missionary family in Africa adopts the resulting children. The protagonist's sister, Nettie, works for the missionary family, and the novel takes the form of a series of letters between the sisters. Name this Pulitzer Prize winning novel featuring Celie.
Maya Angelou → I know why the caged bird sings
imperitive sentence → gives a command or makes a request and ends with a period
analogy → a short poem, often written by an anonymous author, comprised of short verses intended to be sung
consonance → repetition of the same sound in words close together white- stripes