5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- double speak
- Edgar Allen Poe
- William Golding
- Science fiction
- a THe murder in Rue Morgue
- b time place manner degree )tomorrow, there, exactly, degree) Ly words
- c Fiction that deals with current and future development-- Orwell's 1984, ALdous Huxley's Brave New world Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451
- d language that is meant to be evasive or conceal (downsized = fired loss of job
- e THe Miracle worker
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- name a group (herd family)
- / U U
- gives a command or makes a request and ends with a period
- A sailor tells the story of his journey through the Congo, where he met an enigmatic, powerful, insane imperialist who had abandoned the rules of English civilization., story reflects the physical and psychological shock Conrad himself experienced in 1890, when he worked briefly in the Belgian Congo.
- A type of fixed form poetry consisting of thirty-six lines of any length divided into six sestets and a three-line concluding stanza called an envoy. The six words at the end of the first sestet's lines must also appear at the ends of the other five sestets, in varying order. These six words must also appear in the envoy, where they often resonate important themes.
5 True/False Questions
canto → (1795-1821) One of the principle poets of the English Romantic movement. Odes, "Upon First Looking into Chapman's Homer," "Cristabel," "Endymion," "Isabella," "Ode on a Grecian Urn," "Ode on Melancholy," "Ode to a Nightingale," "Ode to Autumn."
Trochia → old fashioned words
Biography → idealized events far removed from everyday life-- mary shelly's Frankensein, Shakespear's Troilus and Cressida and King Horn (annonomous)
antithesis → a wisw saying
Middle English → epic poem about the Trojan war, by Homer