← praxis 0041 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Leslie Marmon Silko
- Edgar Allen Poe
- a THe murder in Rue Morgue
- b Ceremony
- c a wisw saying
- d Shakespear, Marlowe- Dr. FAustus, Spenser's - The Faerie Queen
- e a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- E. Hemingway. A love story which draws heavily on the author's experiences as a young soldier in Italy. Lieutenant Frederic Henry, a young American ambulance driver during WWI. Falls in love with nurse Catherine Barkley. The Battle of Caporetto. In Switzerland, their child is born dead, and Catherine dies due to hemorrhages.
- Wrote THe Lord of the RIngs
- specialized words (doctors words)
- Looks to the year 2540, where society accepts promisc sex and drug (soma) use and science has made humanity carefree, healthy, and technologically advanced. War and poverty no longer exist, and people are always happy. But these achievements have come by eliminating things from which people derive happiness —. Marx and Lenina are both from this artificial world where babies are made in factories, while John the Savage and Linda are from a Savage Reservation that still practice old ways.
- story about a persons life written by another person
5 True/False Questions
antecedent → the juxtaposition of contrasting words or ideas to give a feeling of balance
linking verb → A verb that does not show action but connects the subject with a word in the predicate.
Frame Tale → an exaggeration of emphasis
anecdote → a brief story that makes a point
Abstract noun → an idea condition or feeling (justice, freedom)