5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Scarlet letter
- The Metamorphosis
- The odyssey
- a a short poem about personal feelings
- b A Greek warrior undertakes an arduous journey back to his homeland and his loyal wife and son, experiencing many fantastical adventures along the way.
- c (changes to something else , for example caterpillar--> butterfly or man --> werewolf) . Novel by Franz Kafka ,were a man wakes up as a giant insect. He struggles with simple task of getting up and out of bed .
- d Nathaniel Hawthorne's masterpiece from mid 1800s about Hester Prynne who has affair w/ Dimmesdale (preacher) and has a baby w/ him. Deals w/ Puritan culture and Hawthorne's ties to Salem witch trials.
- e a contradictory statement that makes sense -- man learns form history that man learns nothing from history
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The red badge of courage
- the repetition or refraising of a phrase or line at the end of each stanza
- A short 50-100 line narrative-- ANimal farm, Kafka's The Metamorphosis
- THe murder in Rue Morgue
- House on mango street
5 True/False Questions
Henry James → occurs at the end of lines
Ralph Ellison → a wisw saying
dangling modifier → dangling modifiers have no noun or pronoun to modify, change the dangling modifier to an independent clause.
third person → A Greek warrior undertakes an arduous journey back to his homeland and his loyal wife and son, experiencing many fantastical adventures along the way.
Concrete noun → the main section of a poem