5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- problems with a 1 resource economy?
- What landforms are in Mexico and Central America?
- a country can loose money if something happens to that resource (weather destroys a crop; prices drop; demand slows down) - the economy can suffer. Ex: Chile leads world in producing copper. When copper prices are high, Chile's economy is strong; when copper prices drop, country looses money and jobs when the mines fire workers.
- b flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
- c mountains and plateaus; Mexico's central plateau has most of its people; between 2 mountains. Central America is an isthmus
- d the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
- e small rivers and streams that flow into a larger river
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Provide transportation; food from fishing; hydroelectric power. Needed for transportation b/c hard to build roads due to mountains and rural area.
- they sell them to make money - important to economy
- warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
- coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
- sugar cane, coffee, bananas, cacao, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, papayas, etc); bauxite (Jamaica), nickel (Cuba, Dominican Republic); oil (Trinidad)
5 True/False Questions
vegetation in tropical wet climates? → exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
Amazon River → dense evergreen forest - abundant rainfall year-round; located in Amazon River Basin
factors affecting climate? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
diversify → to add variety or different items
Rain forest → longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;