5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is Latin America doing to solve this?
- What landforms are in South America
- resources found in Caribbean?
- a Mountains, pampas, rain forest. Andes - 2nd highest in the world; pampas - Argentina and Uruguay; Amazon River Rainforest = 1/3 of S. America.
- b electric power made by rushing water
- c L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.
- d sugar cane, coffee, bananas, cacao, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, papayas, etc); bauxite (Jamaica), nickel (Cuba, Dominican Republic); oil (Trinidad)
- e a raised area of flat land
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- plants that need less heat and rain ~ potatoes, apples, wheat
- a country's economy based almost completely on 1 resource or crop
- flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
- they sell them to make money - important to economy
- Mexico and Central America
5 True/False Questions
Why are waterways important in Latin America? → 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
resources found in Middle America? → minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
vegetation in tropical wet + dry climates? → exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
isthmus → flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
problems with a 1 resource economy? → a country's economy based almost completely on 1 resource or crop