5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amazon River
- natural resources
- resources found in Caribbean?
- resources in South America?
- a longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;
- b things found in nature that people can use to meet needs
- c small rivers and streams that flow into a larger river
- d minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
- e sugar cane, coffee, bananas, cacao, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, papayas, etc); bauxite (Jamaica), nickel (Cuba, Dominican Republic); oil (Trinidad)
5 Multiple choice questions
- flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
- mountains and plateaus; Mexico's central plateau has most of its people; between 2 mountains. Central America is an isthmus
- they sell them to make money - important to economy
- dense evergreen forest - abundant rainfall year-round; located in Amazon River Basin
- a raised area of flat land
5 True/False questions
vegetation in tropical wet climates? → exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
What landforms are in the Caribbean? → coral and underwater mountains. Hispaniola, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Cuba are underwater mountains. Other, smaller islands are made of coral (skeletons of tine sea animals formed together).
climate affects vegetation? → tropical wet with hot, humid, rainy weather year-round; tropical wet and dry with hot weather, but shorter rainy season; Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay = humid sub-tropical climate: hot, wet summers + cool, damp winters. Patagonia - colder and dry.
problems with a 1 resource economy? → a country's economy based almost completely on 1 resource or crop
resources found in Middle America? → minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice