5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- climate affects vegetation?
- Middle America
- What is Latin America doing to solve this?
- Rain forest
- a L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.
- b to add variety or different items
- c dense evergreen forest - abundant rainfall year-round; located in Amazon River Basin
- d warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
- e Mexico and Central America
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- tropical wet with hot, humid, rainy weather year-round; tropical wet and dry with hot weather, but shorter rainy season; Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay = humid sub-tropical climate: hot, wet summers + cool, damp winters. Patagonia - colder and dry.
- warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
- country can loose money if something happens to that resource (weather destroys a crop; prices drop; demand slows down) - the economy can suffer. Ex: Chile leads world in producing copper. When copper prices are high, Chile's economy is strong; when copper prices drop, country looses money and jobs when the mines fire workers.
- exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
- 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
5 True/False Questions
tributary → a strip of land with water on both sides; joins 2 larger bodies of water. Ex: Central America
factors affecting climate? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
isthmus → a strip of land with water on both sides; joins 2 larger bodies of water. Ex: Central America
resources found in Caribbean? → 1) Middle America: lots of minerals 2) Mexico: minerals, oil, natural gas, trees/lumber 3) Central America: coffee, cotton, sugar cane, bananas
plateau → flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay