5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- vegetation in tropical wet + dry climates?
- factors affecting climate?
- 3 regions of Latin America?
- Rain forest
- a to add variety or different items
- b coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
- c dense evergreen forest - abundant rainfall year-round; located in Amazon River Basin
- d 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
- e 1) elevation 2) location (areas close to the Equator usually warmer than those farther south) 3) wind patterns (sea breezes in Caribbean help keep temperatures down)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
- height of land above sea level
- a raised area of flat land
- flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
- 1) Middle America: lots of minerals 2) Mexico: minerals, oil, natural gas, trees/lumber 3) Central America: coffee, cotton, sugar cane, bananas
5 True/False Questions
natural resources → things found in nature that people can use to meet needs
economy → warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
climates in Latin America → Western hemisphere; south of United States
isthmus → a strip of land with water on both sides; joins 2 larger bodies of water. Ex: Central America
climate affects vegetation? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation