5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 regions of Latin America?
- natural resources
- What landforms are in Mexico and Central America?
- climates in Latin America
- resources found in Middle America?
- a tropical wet with hot, humid, rainy weather year-round; tropical wet and dry with hot weather, but shorter rainy season; Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay = humid sub-tropical climate: hot, wet summers + cool, damp winters. Patagonia - colder and dry.
- b 1) Middle America: lots of minerals 2) Mexico: minerals, oil, natural gas, trees/lumber 3) Central America: coffee, cotton, sugar cane, bananas
- c things found in nature that people can use to meet needs
- d mountains and plateaus; Mexico's central plateau has most of its people; between 2 mountains. Central America is an isthmus
- e 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
5 Multiple choice questions
- warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
- Western hemisphere; south of United States
- Provide transportation; food from fishing; hydroelectric power. Needed for transportation b/c hard to build roads due to mountains and rural area.
- minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
- Mexico and Central America
5 True/False questions
economy → warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
isthmus → a strip of land with water on both sides; joins 2 larger bodies of water. Ex: Central America
What is Latin America doing to solve this? → L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.
factors affecting climate? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
diversify → the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people