5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 3 regions of Latin America?
- resources in South America?
- El Nino
- a warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
- b 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
- c minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
- d small rivers and streams that flow into a larger river
- e electric power made by rushing water
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a country's economy based almost completely on 1 resource or crop
- mountains and plateaus; Mexico's central plateau has most of its people; between 2 mountains. Central America is an isthmus
- exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
- longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;
- a raised area of flat land
5 True/False Questions
climate affects vegetation? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
Middle America → Mexico and Central America
What landforms are in the Caribbean? → Mountains, pampas, rain forest. Andes - 2nd highest in the world; pampas - Argentina and Uruguay; Amazon River Rainforest = 1/3 of S. America.
resources found in Caribbean? → sugar cane, coffee, bananas, cacao, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, papayas, etc); bauxite (Jamaica), nickel (Cuba, Dominican Republic); oil (Trinidad)
What is Latin America doing to solve this? → L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.