5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Responsibility System
- Twenty-One Demands
- higher-stage cooperatives
- Common Program
- Gang of Four
- a System for commune land started in 1978, by which families were given responsibility for cultivating areas of land within their commune.
- b Program drawn up by the Communists at a conference on 29 September 1949, outlining the Party's aims and intentions for the future.
- c Demands that the Japanese government presented in early 1915 and threatened war if there was refusal.
- d Lower-stage cooperatives are pooled together and farmers are paid wages instead of rent for the use of their land.
- e Left-wing Communist group led by Jiang Qing and three radical politicians from Shanghai.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Policy aimed at restricting the spread of communism.
- Treaty in which the USSR provided China with financial aid and technical advice.
- Chinese government's second Five-Year Plan, begun in 1958.
- Belief that if one nation in a region fell to communism, other nations in the region would also fall to communism.
- 1973 cease-fire agreement calling for withdrawal of U.S. troops from South Vietnam.
5 True/False Questions
commune → Group of villages in which all animals, equipment and land were given up for common ownership by the members.
People's Republic of China → New name for the Red Army since 1946.
Cultural Revolution → Violent attempt at social change in China, begun in 1966.
One Child Policy → Policy initiated in 1980, discouraging couples from having more than one child.
passive resistance → Name for Hua and his supporters as they declared that whatever Mao said and decided must be obeyed and put into action.