5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mixed economy
- Democracy Wall
- Hundred Days of Reform
- March to the North
- Cultural Revolution
- a Economy characterized by the private ownership of some industries and government ownership of others.
- b Stretch of wall full of posters and people making speeches demanding freedom.
- c Three month period in which Emperor Guangxu modernized the way the Chinese Empire was run.
- d Violent attempt at social change in China, begun in 1966.
- e March led by Chiang Kaishek in July 1926 to bring China under Guomindang control.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chinese nationalist party, founded by Sun Yixian, which grew out of reform movement after Boxer Rebellion.
- Proclamation of the existence of a new kind of China by the Communists on 1 October 1949.
- Movement launched by Mao in 1962 to get people back on the right road to Communism.
- North Vietnamese and Viet Cong offensive in early 1968.
- System for commune land started in 1978, by which families were given responsibility for cultivating areas of land within their commune.
5 True/False Questions
Geneva Accords → Agreement signed in 1954 that called for French withdrawal from Vietnam and division of the country into two zones.
domino theory → Communist Information Bureau, which included all European Communist Parties.
Red Guards → Military groups formed by Beijing students in the summer of 1966.
Paris Peace Accords → 1973 cease-fire agreement calling for withdrawal of U.S. troops from South Vietnam.
passive resistance → Name for Hua and his supporters as they declared that whatever Mao said and decided must be obeyed and put into action.