5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- One Child Policy
- higher-stage cooperatives
- Responsibility System
- a A nation's policy of refusing to ally with either the United States or the Soviet Union.
- b System for commune land started in 1978, by which families were given responsibility for cultivating areas of land within their commune.
- c Policy initiated in 1980, discouraging couples from having more than one child.
- d Communist Information Bureau, which included all European Communist Parties.
- e Lower-stage cooperatives are pooled together and farmers are paid wages instead of rent for the use of their land.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Group of villages in which all animals, equipment and land were given up for common ownership by the members.
- A form of civil disobedience; peaceful refusal of citizens to cooperate with their government in order to win concessions from it.
- A revolution in ideas, begun in 1916 by teachers at Beijing University, aiming to introduce modern ideas of freedom, equal rights, and scientific progress.
- Provinicial government set up by the Communists who fled to Jiangxi.
- 6,000-mile journey by Chinese Communists to escape nationalist troops in 1934-1935.
5 True/False Questions
Agrarian Reform Law → Law initiated by Communist on 30 June 1950 to speed up the process of land reform.
Open Door Policy → Right of all foreign nations to trade equally in China.
thought reform → Movement began by Communists in 1951, which involved the close study of Mao's writings combined with public self-criticism at Party meetings.
Chinese Communist Party → Communist party set up by the "Society for the Study of Marxism" in 1921.
Socialist Education Movement → Movement launched by Mao in 1962 to get people back on the right road to Communism.