5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Treaty of Friendship, Alliance and Mutual Assistance
- Long March
- Great Leap Forward
- Jiangxi Soviet
- thought reform
- a Provinicial government set up by the Communists who fled to Jiangxi.
- b Movement began by Communists in 1951, which involved the close study of Mao's writings combined with public self-criticism at Party meetings.
- c 6,000-mile journey by Chinese Communists to escape nationalist troops in 1934-1935.
- d Chinese government's second Five-Year Plan, begun in 1958.
- e Treaty in which the USSR provided China with financial aid and technical advice.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Agreement signed in 1954 that called for French withdrawal from Vietnam and division of the country into two zones.
- Proclamation of the existence of a new kind of China by the Communists on 1 October 1949.
- Chinese nationalist party, founded by Sun Yixian, which grew out of reform movement after Boxer Rebellion.
- Violent attempt at social change in China, begun in 1966.
- March led by Chiang Kaishek in July 1926 to bring China under Guomindang control.
5 True/False Questions
The Little Red Book → Book containing Mao's quotation given to every soldier to study.
commune → Group of villages in which all animals, equipment and land were given up for common ownership by the members.
higher-stage cooperatives → Thirty to fifty families pool their land and labor to make one bigger, more efficient farm.
Agrarian Reform Law → Law introduced by Communists in April 1950, giving women more marriage rights.
lower-stage cooperatives → Thirty to fifty families pool their land and labor to make one bigger, more efficient farm.