5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- (MAN) Metropolitan Area Network
- Telnet Protocol
- a allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
- b - provides connectivity in a geographic area or region larger than that covered b y a LAN, but smaller than a WAN.
- c Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- d Groups of star-configured workstations are connected to a linear bus backbone cable, combining the characteristics of the bus and star topologies.
- e Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
5 Multiple choice questions
- refers to a type of cable composed of four or more copper wires twisted around each other within a plastic sheath.
- All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
- communications, data exchange, and resource-sharing system created by linking two or more computers and establishing standards, or protocols, so that they can work together. 2 principle benefits: 1. the ability to communicate 2. ability to share
- TCP/I's own messaging system for email
- technologies use active or passive tags in the form of chips or smart labels that can store unique identifiers and relay this info to electronic readers.
5 True/False questions
3 Common Types of Wire Media → refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
Wire Media → Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
(SNMP) Simple Network Management Protocol → - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
Interoperability → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
VPN Virtual Private Network → private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection