5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Wi-fi (Wireless fidelity)
- SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- Network Transmission Media
- a means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
- b TCP/I's own messaging system for email
- c All devices are connected to a central device, called a hub.
- d All devices are connected to one another in the shape of a closed loop, so that each device is connected directly to two other devices, one on either side of it.
- e refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
- technology associated with the transmission of info as light impulses along a glass wire or fibre.
- Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
- - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
5 True/False Questions
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) → - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
Network Topology → refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) → - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
(MAN) Metropolitan Area Network → - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
Bus → All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.