5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Network Topology
- VPN Virtual Private Network
- Network Transmission Media
- a refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- b refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
- c any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.
- d a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
- e All devices are connected to one another in the shape of a closed loop, so that each device is connected directly to two other devices, one on either side of it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
- - provides data communication services for business in geographically dispersed areas (across country or around world)
- All devices are connected to a central device, called a hub.
- - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
- means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
5 True/False questions
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) → allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
Hybrid → Groups of star-configured workstations are connected to a linear bus backbone cable, combining the characteristics of the bus and star topologies.
Bus → All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol → TCP/I's own messaging system for email
(MAN) Metropolitan Area Network → - provides connectivity in a geographic area or region larger than that covered b y a LAN, but smaller than a WAN.