5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Client/Server Networks
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Coaxial Cable
- (SNMP) Simple Network Management Protocol
- a a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
- b allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
- c the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
- d a cable that can carry a wide range of frequencies with low signal loss.
- e - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
- technology associated with the transmission of info as light impulses along a glass wire or fibre.
- communications, data exchange, and resource-sharing system created by linking two or more computers and establishing standards, or protocols, so that they can work together. 2 principle benefits: 1. the ability to communicate 2. ability to share
- TCP/I's own messaging system for email
- any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.
5 True/False Questions
Ring → All devices are connected to a central device, called a hub.
VPN Virtual Private Network → a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
Wi-fi (Wireless fidelity) → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
Wire Media → Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
Twisted-pair wiring → refers to a type of cable composed of four or more copper wires twisted around each other within a plastic sheath.