5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- VPN Virtual Private Network
- Wi-fi (Wireless fidelity)
- Network Transmission Media
- 3 Common Types of Wire Media
- Client/Server Networks
- a a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
- b refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- c 1. Twisted-pair wiring 2. Coaxial cable 3. Fibre-optic cable
- d means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
- e a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
- Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
- All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
- - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
5 True/False Questions
Interoperability → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
(WAN) Wide Area Network → - provides data communication services for business in geographically dispersed areas (across country or around world)
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) → - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) → technologies use active or passive tags in the form of chips or smart labels that can store unique identifiers and relay this info to electronic readers.
Architecture → a standard that specifies the format of data as well as the rules to be followed during transmission.