5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Coaxial Cable
- VPN Virtual Private Network
- Telnet Protocol
- SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- Fibre-Optic Cable
- a TCP/I's own messaging system for email
- b Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- c a cable that can carry a wide range of frequencies with low signal loss.
- d a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
- e technology associated with the transmission of info as light impulses along a glass wire or fibre.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
- Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
- - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
- a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
- refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
5 True/False Questions
(MAN) Metropolitan Area Network → - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
Hybrid → Groups of star-configured workstations are connected to a linear bus backbone cable, combining the characteristics of the bus and star topologies.
Wi-fi (Wireless fidelity) → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
(WAN) Wide Area Network → - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
P2P → any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.