← French Revolution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Charlotte Corday
- Constitution of 1791
- Step 4- Rule of Radicals
- Declaration of the Rights of Man
- a assembly elected every 2 years, 2/3 male population can vote b/c pay certain level of taxes to be "active citizen", king of FRENCH, king can only delay laws for 3 years, 83 new local gov departments, judges, deputies, tax collectors, and priests elected by active citizens. new tax system- based on income. assignat- new currency.
- b Girondists and Jacobins, Sans Culottes (without breeches), National convention formed, first french republic, Louis 16th sent to guillotine, invaded by Prussia, Austria, Britain, Holland , and Spain. Committee of Public Safety
- c head of underground newspaper- L'ami de peuple.
- d freedom of speech, etc. but nothing about women rights, slaves, or French empire and who'd impose new laws. intendants are new middle class officials elected by people to advise king.
- e Kills Marat, which, in turn, makes him famous and remembered as a great man. She is then executed.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- writer of the Six Steps to A Revolution
- by duke of brunswick (head of allied army- austria and prussia). if french royal family harmed, then citizens (esp. paris) will be harmed.
- flag of national assembly- liberty, equality, fraternity
- gunpowder, prison, weapons, government and Louis
- royalists vs republicans. in countryside. tied to rafts, sent to middle of body of water, set on fire, drowned.
5 True/False Questions
Step 5- Reign of Terror → Committee of Public Safety, Maximillion Robespierre, Law of Suspects, Guillotine
Step 2- Breakdown of Government → Committee of Public Safety, Maximillion Robespierre, Law of Suspects, Guillotine
declaration of plinitz → revive catholicism, peace with prussia and spain, 1797 elections- constitutional monarchy supporters win majority of seats, bread prices up, food shortages, government money down, napoleon- coup d'etat, overmber 11, 1799
Radical examples → Festival of Supreme Being, no streets with "st.", new calendar
law of suspects → underlying: priveleged society, unjust tax system, divine right monarchy. immediate: bankruptcy->calling of EG