5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Progressive Wave
- Solar Tides
- Wave Height
- Standing Wave
- a caused by the gravitational and inertial interaction of the sun and earth
- b Vertical distance between a wave crest and an adjacent wave trough
- c These tides occur when the earth, moon and sun are in a straight line.
- d A wave of moving energy in which the wave form moves in one direction along the surface of the transmission medium.
- e a wave in which water oscillates without causing progressive wave forward movement. there is no net transmission of energy in a standing wave
5 Multiple choice questions
- The reference level (0.0) from which tidal height is measured.
- Which direction do gyres flow in the Northern hemisphere?
- Number of waves passing a fixed point per second.
- Due to the cold temperature of the water, the water molecules are slightly closer together in this region.
- Circular flow pattern of water caused by deflection of water by continents and the ocean basin.
5 True/False questions
Tsunami → Waves with ___________ wavelengths move the fastest.
Western → Waves transmit _______________.
Capillary → These waves move through water shallower than 1/20 their wavelength
Eastern → Eddies do not tend to form in these boundary currents.
Wave reflection → The reflection of progressive waves by a vertical barrier. Reflection occurs with little loss of energy.