5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Newton's Law of Reaction
- Center of Pressure (units)
- Kinetic Energy (units)
- Newton's Law of Inertia
- a both momentum and mechanical energy are conserved
- b body will maintain a state of rest or constant velocity unless acted on by an external force that changes states
- c for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
- d J-capacity to do work; "energy of motion"
- e m-point of application of the GRF
5 Multiple choice questions
- J-capacity to do work; "energy of position"
- When an impulse acts on a system, the result is a change in the system's total momentum
- W-rate of work production
- J-special form of potential energy; when an object is deformed its tores strain energy which is returned as KE when the object returns to the origional shape
- N-3D forces measured at the ground; represent the summation fo acceleration (F=ma) of all body segments. Point of application is the COP.
5 True/False questions
Impulse (units) → N*s-area under the force-time curve
Moment of Inertia (units) → Nm-rotary force (drawn as a vector, but as an arc) M=Fd_I
Static friction (units) → N-force that impedes motion when object is moving; level of dynamic friction is constant
Kinetic Friction (units) → N-force that impedes motion when object is static; amount of static friction varies with amount of applied force
Pressure (units) → N/m2-Force distributed over a given area