5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pressure (units)
- Kinetic Friction (units)
- Mass (units)
- Strain Energy (units)
- a kg-quanitity of matter composing a body
- b N-force that impedes motion when object is moving; level of dynamic friction is constant
- c the study of bodies at rest; an object moving at constant velocity=@rest
- d J-special form of potential energy; when an object is deformed its tores strain energy which is returned as KE when the object returns to the origional shape
- e N/m2-Force distributed over a given area
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an applied force causes an acceleration of the body; 1. with a magnitude proportional to the force 2. in the direction of hte force 3. inversely proportional to the mass
- W-rate of work production
- Nms-area under the moment-time curve
- N-3D forces measured at the ground; represent the summation fo acceleration (F=ma) of all body segments. Point of application is the COP.
- Science which studies the influence of forces on bodies
5 True/False Questions
Dynamics → the study of bodies at rest; an object moving at constant velocity=@rest
Newton's Law of Inertia → body will maintain a state of rest or constant velocity unless acted on by an external force that changes states
Biomechanics → Science which studies the influence of forces on bodies
Kinetic Energy (units) → J-capacity to do work; "energy of motion"
Potential Energy (units) → J-capacity to do work; "energy of position"