5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kinetic Energy (units)
- Static friction (units)
- Newton's Law of Reaction
- Weight (units)
- Force (units)
- a N-force that impedes motion when object is static; amount of static friction varies with amount of applied force
- b J-capacity to do work; "energy of motion"
- c N-push or pull acting on a body or a system; has magnitude and direction
- d N-amount of gravitational force exerted on a system (always points downwards, point of application is always the COM)
- e for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Science which studies the influence of forces on bodies
- When an impulse acts on a system, the result is a change in the system's total momentum
- an applied force causes an acceleration of the body; 1. with a magnitude proportional to the force 2. in the direction of hte force 3. inversely proportional to the mass
- m-point of application of the GRF
- study of biological systems from a mechanical perspective
5 True/False questions
Power (units) → W-rate of work production
Strain Energy (units) → J-capacity to do work; "energy of motion"
Newton's Law of Inertia → body will maintain a state of rest or constant velocity unless acted on by an external force that changes states
Potential Energy (units) → J-capacity to do work; "energy of motion"
Kinematics → description of motion w/o regards to it cause; displacement, velocity, and acceleration