← Bio terms Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Start Codon
- Regulatory Gene/ Protein
- a a gene that codes for a protein, such as a repressor, that controls the transcription of another gene or group of genes
- b AUG
- c A specific nucleotide sequence in DNA that binds RNA polymerase and indicates where to start transcribing RNA.
- d A sequence of three bases of a tRNA molecule that pairs with the complementary three-nucleotide codon of an mRNA molecule during protein synthesis.
- e donor bacterium(F+) passes all or part of plasmid to recipient bacterium(F-) via conjunction tube
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Adjacent genes that have a similar function in an operon
- region of chromosome in an operon to which the repressor binds when the operon is "turned off"
- a sticky protective layer some bacteria have outside their cell walls that make it harder for antibiotics to kill the bacteria
- short, hairlike protein structures on the surface of some bacteria, used in conjugation
- gram negative heterotrophs that can be either aerobic or anaerobic & commonly inhabit the intestines of mammals
5 True/False Questions
Archaea → Domain different than bacteria because cell walls are not made of peptidoglycan, Single-celled, no nucleus, Live in harsh conditions, oldest organisms on earth.
RNA Polymerase → enzyme similar to DNA polymerase that binds to DNA, separates the DNA strand, and synthesizes the RNA
Thermo(acido)philes → Extremophiles (Archaea) that can survive in very hot sulphuric environments
Transformation → transfer of bacterial DNA to antother bacterium via phages
Halophile → a sticky protective layer some bacteria have outside their cell walls that make it harder for antibiotics to kill the bacteria