5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Office of War Mobilization
- War Production Board
- Battle of Leyte Gulf
- Iwo Jima
- Donald Nelson
- a Created in 1942, this organization oversaw the production of planes, tanks, artillery pieces, and munitions needed for entering WWII
- b Head of the War Production Board
- c the last, largest, and most decisive naval engagements in the Pacific, recaptured the Phillipines
- d Federal agency formed to coordinate issues related to war production during World War II
- e a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
5 Multiple choice questions
- ban trade of weapons to a country that was trying to start a war
- German city ferociously firebombed by the Allies from February 13 to 15, 1945
- passed March 1941 gave president power to lend, sell, transfer title to any country
- U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
- leader of the Allied forces in Europe during WW2--leader of troops in Africa and commander in DDay invasion-elected president
5 True/False questions
Bataan Death March → April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 85 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors.
Operation Overlord → The Allied invasion of Normandy (NW France) in June of 1944. nicknamed D-Day
Battle of the Bulge → December 1, 1944 last ditch effort by Germans to stop Allies from entering Germany
USS Missouri → a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
all aid short of war → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan on December 7, 1941, bringing the United States into World War II.