5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- decrease; concentration
- The slope indicates how fast a quantity is changing with time.
- It is the process in which an increase in reaction rates is caused by the presence of a catalyst.
- A reaction will occur if the species involved in a collision have sufficient energy and if they are oriented correctly towards each other.
- a Reactio rates _____ with times because the reaction rate depends on the _____ of the reactant.
- b Changing the ____________ of a gas is another way of changing the concentration.
- c What factors determine whether a molecular collision produces a reaction?
- d What does the slope of a line in a reaction rate graph tell us?
- e What is catalysis?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- If doubling the concentration of a reactant quadruples the rate of the reaction, the concentration of the reactant appears in the rate law with an exponent of __________.
- The definition of rate does not apply to__________.
- Why do reactions in chemical kinetics need to be measured frequently?
- Doubling the pressure of a gas ______________ its concentration.
- If a ________________ between molecules is very gentle, the molecules are more likely to rebound without reacting.
5 True/False Questions
Doubling the pressure of a gas doubles its concentration and, thus, will increase the rate of a reaction. → How do you find a reaction order?
A reaction rate is the decrease in the concentration of a reactant during a small time interval, divided by the duration of that interval and by the corresponding coefficient in the chemical equation. → What is the reaction order?
It is an expression of the rate of a chemical reaction in terms of concentration. → How do you find a reaction order?
catalysis → If a ________________ between molecules is very gentle, the molecules are more likely to rebound without reacting.
Compare the rate ratio with a concentration ratio. → How do you find a reaction order?