5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is language?
- What was the combined force that defeated Russia in the Crimean War in 1856?
- What was the condition of Italian states during the nationalist revolutions and what occured in them?
- When the Greeks get independence from the Ottoman Turks?
- What happened to the post - Louis-Philippe formed republic?
- a different dialects of one language; one dialect becomes "national language"
- b 1821 (March 25 to be exact)
- c Nationalists worked to unite the many seperate states on the Italian peninsula; some were independent, while some were ruled by Austria, or by the pope. Eventually Prince Metternich sent Austrian troops to restore order in Italy.
- d It began to fall apart immediately - the radicals split up into factions, as one side wanted only political reform, and the other side also wanting social and economic reform.
- e France, Great Britain, Sardinia, and the Ottoman Empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- belief in common ethnic ancestry that may or may not come true
- The Crimean War
- 1848 - it called for a parliament and a strong president to be elected by the people.
- Richard Wagner with his operas and cycle of four musical dramas called (italicized) Der Ring des Nibelungen.
- When a nation had its own independent government.
5 True/False questions
Who were radicals and what did they believe? → Radicals were those that favored drastic change to extend democracy to all people. They believed that governments should practice the ideals of the French Revolution - liberty, quality, and brotherhood.
What is territory? → A common past; common experiences
What did King Charles X of France try to do in 1830, and what did it cause? → (italicized) Combat Before the Hotel de Ville, July 28, 1830; It portrays the riots in Paris that forced Charles X to flee to Great Britain.
Who monstly believed in nationalism? → Liberals and radicals
What is nationalism? → belief in common ethnic ancestry that may or may not come true