5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was Prince Klemens von Metternich trying to restore vis the Congress of Vienna?
- Who were radicals and what did they believe?
- What were the three political thinking styles of the first half of the 1800s in Europe?
- What is religion (its relation to naitonalism)?
- Who monstly believed in nationalism?
- a Radicals were those that favored drastic change to extend democracy to all people. They believed that governments should practice the ideals of the French Revolution - liberty, quality, and brotherhood.
- b the old monarchies and territorial divisions that had existed before the French Revolution.
- c Liberals and radicals
- d Conservatives, liberals, and radicals
- e A religion shared by all or most of the people
5 Multiple choice questions
- The region that included all or part of present day Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, and the former Yugoslavia.
- After almost 18 years of rule he fell from favor, due to a Paris mob overturning the monarchy and creating a republic.
- Serfs were bound to the nobles whose land they worked.
- He built railroads, encouraged industrialization, and promoted an ambitious program of public works. His policies eventually caused the decrease of French unmployment, and the experience of real prosperity.
- 1849; due to revolutionaries failing to unite themselves or their nations.
5 True/False questions
What painting did Victor Schnetz paint, and what did it portray? → (italicized) Combat Before the Hotel de Ville, July 28, 1830; It portrays the riots in Paris that forced Charles X to flee to Great Britain.
Who were the first people to win self rule during the nationalist period? → The Greeks
Even though revolution was frowned upon during the time period, why did the Europeans support the Greeks? → Many respected and loved their culture and that they were able to maintain it even though they were rulled by the Ottomans.
What did the liberals in Germany want to do? → Britain, France, and Russia signed a treaty guaranteeing an independent kingdom of Greece.
Who were the only nation-states in Europe as of 1815? → France, England, and Spain