5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When the Greeks get independence from the Ottoman Turks?
- What was signed in 1830 by whom?
- What was the combined force that defeated Russia in the Crimean War in 1856?
- When did Louis-Napoleon become emperor, and what title did he take?
- What did the liberal middle class consist of, who led the struggle for constitutional government and the formation of nation-states?
- a 1821 (March 25 to be exact)
- b Britain, France, and Russia signed a treaty guaranteeing an independent kingdom of Greece.
- c teachers, lawyers, business people.
- d 1852 - took the title Emperor Napoleon III
- e France, Great Britain, Sardinia, and the Ottoman Empire
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1849; due to revolutionaries failing to unite themselves or their nations.
- Serfs were bound to the nobles whose land they worked.
- Louis-Napoleon, the nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte
- radical demand for democratic government
- He built railroads, encouraged industrialization, and promoted an ambitious program of public works. His policies eventually caused the decrease of French unmployment, and the experience of real prosperity.
5 True/False Questions
What did liberals in large empires such as the Hungarians in the Austrian Empire want to do? → The Crimean War
What were the three ideals of the French Revolution? → Culture, History, Language, Territory, Nationality, and Religion.
What is nationality? → belief in common ethnic ancestry that may or may not come true
Who were the first people to win self rule during the nationalist period? → Liberty, equality, and brotherhood
What is religion (its relation to naitonalism)? → 1) People within a nation overcame their differences for a common good, 2) colonial rule was overthrown, 3) democratic governments were instituted in naitons throughout the world, 4) competition among nations spurred scientific and technological advances