5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Copayment or Coinsurance
- Preadmission Testing (PAT)
- Managed Care
- Utilization Management
- Internal Classification of Diseases, Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD)
- a Routine tests required for all pt's before hospital admission to screen for abnormal findings that could interfere with the pt's hospital stay or scheduled procedure.
- b A specified amt. that the insured must pay toward the charge for professional services rendered.
- c A system of medical team members organized into groups to provide quality and cost-effective care that encompasses both the delivery of health care and payment of the services.
- d A panel that tracks what their members receive and checks if their medical care meets the standards of the organization.
- e The coding system used to document diseases, injuries, illness and mortalities.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Established to aid dependents of active service personnel, retired servces personnel and their dependents, dependents of services personnel who died on active duty, with a supplement for medical care in military or public health service facilities.
- Established in 1973 for the spouses and dependent children of veterans who have total, permanent, service-connected disabilities.
- Prior authorization must be obtained before the pt is admitted to the hospital or some specified outpatient or in-office procedures.
- A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
- A printed form containing a list of the services with corresponding codes.
5 True/False questions
Preexisting Condition → Prior authorization must be obtained before the pt is admitted to the hospital or some specified outpatient or in-office procedures.
Individual Insurance → Insurance offered to all employees by and employer.
Workers Compensation → Government program that provides insurance coverage for those who are injured on the job or who have developed work related disorders, disabilities or illnesses.
Medicaid → Transference of words into numbers to facilitate the use of computers in claim processing.
Accounts Payable → The total amt. owed by the practice to suppliers and other service providers.